Ubee dvw3200

Routers, VOIP devices, etc.
rickanie

Ubee dvw3200

Post by rickanie »

Hello friends I found this machine brand new in a garage sale. It has VOIP, wireless NIC, and docsis 3.0 for internet. Looks like a badass machine, I was unable to find the correct pinout to read the flash. It looks like it has an MX25L128XXX chip on it. Sorry I didnt add pic of serial connection but IT does have a standard 5 pin serial connection. So if anyone has info to add that would be great.. ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

rickanie wrote:Hello friends I found this machine brand new in a garage sale. It has VOIP, wireless NIC, and docsis 3.0 for internet. Looks like a badass machine, I was unable to find the correct pinout to read the flash. It looks like it has an MX25L128XXX chip on it. Sorry I didnt add pic of serial connection but IT does have a standard 5 pin serial connection. So if anyone has info to add that would be great.. ;)
Its an SPI Flash, Same as any other SPI Flash, SB6120, UBEE, DPC3000. All the same crap in a different Box. Same way connect the wires to any of the before mentioned is SAME WAY TO CONECT TO THE MX SPI FLASH. Not knowing what the ISP Point is, you will need to provide external power to Read and Write the Flash.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
rickanie

Post by rickanie »

Yep I haven't found isp point that's the problem but I use external power and it worked great. Thank you Mr. Capone,.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

rickanie wrote:Yep I haven't found isp point that's the problem but I use external power and it worked great. Thank you Mr. Capone,.
Great. Yes if ISP is not knowen then use of external power works great.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
rickanie

Post by rickanie »

Incoming..... Full backup for this modem, Thanks goes out to USBBDM and Capone for their help. :)

Quick question Is there any custom firmware for this device?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

rickanie wrote:Incoming..... Full backup for this modem, Thanks goes out to USBBDM and Capone for their help. :)

This BackUp is NO GOOD. You need to make sure you get a Good Read before Playing with Firmware. Let me know if you need help to make proper Backup or for me to show you How to make sure its a Good READ.

Only thing you got backed up here is the BOOT, And that mey even be No good......

Once we have a good backup I may be able to help you with your Question.
rickanie

Post by rickanie »

OK working on it. Im not sure what happened but the read seemed fine.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

rickanie wrote:Incoming..... Full backup for this modem, Thanks goes out to USBBDM and Capone for their help. :)

If you have read the backup, you should have noticed that only small portion at the beginning is good.
What it says is that the connection at the beginning is good and then the connection is lost.
If your connection is good then the way power is applied might not be good enough.

You should make multiple backups and make sure they are the same before you can do any programming. Otherwise it will brick the device and you have no good backup to revive it.
rickanie

Post by rickanie »

Yep I usually do. I rushed through it. So what I can do is work on it some more next weekend when I have a chance. If someone can post a full backup before then that would be great. Thank you all for helping me and pointed out what more than likely went wrong, again I will try to correct it next weekend. :)
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

rickanie wrote:Yep I usually do. I rushed through it. So what I can do is work on it some more next weekend when I have a chance. If someone can post a full backup before then that would be great. Thank you all for helping me and pointed out what more than likely went wrong, again I will try to correct it next weekend. :)
You might be the first one to Dump this modem. I have yet to see one. Thats why its important for you to get a good read. I just dumped the flash of a Netgear WNDR3800 Wireless router that has the same exact flash as your Modem. I used the DPC3000 as Target and it got a good read. I then cloned another router and Sure enough It was GOOD. So Use the DPC3000 as target. On this router 3.3 Volts did not work, 5Volts did the Trick.....
inkisidor2013

Post by inkisidor2013 »

ok i have question you can put any picture where is the isp the this moden please?
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

inkisidor2013 wrote:ok i have question you can put any picture where is the isp the this moden please?
Ok I have a Question, WHAT MODEL MODEM???????????? LMFAO.......
inkisidor2013

Post by inkisidor2013 »

ubee dvw3200? how to programing?
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

inkisidor2013 wrote:ubee dvw3200? how to programing?
You program with USBJTAG NT, How Same way you Program any Target.
If you don't know where is the ISP Point, Then you follow same Procedure as other targets with Unknown ISP Points................. DUHHHHHHHHHH