CFE Generic Mac adress WRT54GX

Routers, VOIP devices, etc.
Mr Sand

CFE Generic Mac adress WRT54GX

Post by Mr Sand »

Hi guys, I fixed 2 bricked routers ( WRT54G V4 and V5). Everything works fine, with dd wrt. But now, I notice Linksys Webgui Mac adress is different from the sticker. That's normal, because I used a generic CFE ( from another router).

How can I change it? using Usbjtag nt obviuosly.

I found a method in DD-WRT forum:

"the mac (in the dd-wrt cfe) is located at offset 0x4C5. That is et0. il0 is located at offset 0x51A.

Using a hex editor, edit the cfe.. et0 = mac on your sticker.. il0 = et0+1.

Then use winscp to copy the cfe to the tmp folder of the router. Then use telnet to flash the cfe... "

You may say I'm lazy :P, but before I start doing this, I would like to know other alternatives.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Mr Sand wrote:Hi guys, I fixed 2 bricked routers ( WRT54G V4 and V5). Everything works fine, with dd wrt. But now, I notice Linksys Webgui Mac adress is different from the sticker. That's normal, because I used a generic CFE ( from another router).

How can I change it? using Usbjtag nt obviuosly.

I found a method in DD-WRT forum:

"the mac (in the dd-wrt cfe) is located at offset 0x4C5. That is et0. il0 is located at offset 0x51A.

Using a hex editor, edit the cfe.. et0 = mac on your sticker.. il0 = et0+1.

Then use winscp to copy the cfe to the tmp folder of the router. Then use telnet to flash the cfe... "

You may say I'm lazy :P, but before I start doing this, I would like to know other alternatives.
I am not sure a simple edit will work or not, if there is a check sum, simple edit the MAC might render the mac to an invalid one.
ccvictornillo

Post by ccvictornillo »

usbbdm wrote:I am not sure a simple edit will work or not, if there is a check sum, simple edit the MAC might render the mac to an invalid one.
I already edited with hexworkshop, and programmed again but nothing's changed. :confused:
Mr Sand

Post by Mr Sand »

I already edited with Hex Workshop, but nothing's changed. :confused: