Magicjack password.

Use USB JTAG NT on VOIP device so we can unlock the device or configure the device.
usbbdm

Magicjack password.

Post by usbbdm »

This has nothing to do with USB JTAG NT but I think someone might be interested in this topic.
While talking to one of the active forum member and he was interested to get the password from MJ and used on another Voip device. I did some experiement and found that MJ had changed the way digest password and it is NOT possible to use the password on another VOIP device any more.

I have a nice setup and I had proved this theory. If one is interested in this topic and I will show your my setup and you can judge if I am wrong.

My setup involved a WRT54G with openwrt (dd-wrt will not work) and wireshark to capture the data. Use another PC to run sipp. This is what I am doing these days and I will give up this testing.
JTAG1

Post by JTAG1 »

Interesting, keep going matel...:)
UserName

Post by UserName »

it would be very nice to be able to use a vonage voip device for MJ i also tried couple things i can only get dialtone but will not dial or pick up.
do not believe what i say 10% its true :confused:
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

The problem is the new MJ has the digest algorithm changed. If it does not change it can easily be modified to use regular VOIP device.
To prove it I used SIPp to generate the same response to the REGISTER with 401 authentication but MJ will send DIFFERENT auth header in the following request. If you use a regular VOIP device you will get the same response each time you get the same challenge.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Just setup google voice and gizmo combo to get free inbound calls. So MJ will be soon not needed. (I bought this toy just to see what we can do as it was a standard SIP device). Looks to me now they had changed to non-standard based SIP device and you cannot replace it with a normal SIP box. But Google Voice and Gizmo provide a perfect combo. I have not figure out how to make free outgoing call with this combo yet.
studio1b

Post by studio1b »

first off MJ has been cracked again.
u can get the password and MJMD5 key and then used on another device.
info can be found here all about the MJ : http://www.magicjacksupport.com/tomato- ... t7055.html

i been using google voice and gizmo for almost 5 years now. free in and out at my house and even free on my iphone over 3g or wifi :P

GV and gizmo have been the best combo for me for so long.

free outbound - you will need to set it up so that GV number calls it self and then u press 2 to dial out the number u want.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

studio1b wrote:first off MJ has been cracked again.
u can get the password and MJMD5 key and then used on another device.
info can be found here all about the MJ : http://www.magicjacksupport.com/tomato- ... t7055.html

i been using google voice and gizmo for almost 5 years now. free in and out at my house and even free on my iphone over 3g or wifi :P

GV and gizmo have been the best combo for me for so long.

free outbound - you will need to set it up so that GV number calls it self and then u press 2 to dial out the number u want.
I found GV quality bad these days. Anyone else has the same problem?
konnan

Post by konnan »

Me too Master USB.... broken sound...last few days
studio1b

Post by studio1b »

GV been working here i have not heard any broken speaking.
might be your gizmo line that is causing the problem. back in the day when i was using http://www.freedigits.com/ instead of gizmo for the linked # i started to have sound issues so i changed my freedigits account to another one and bam the sound was back. might be the same issues with gizmo.

its always good idea to have XXX gizmo accounts :P
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

studio1b wrote:GV been working here i have not heard any broken speaking.
might be your gizmo line that is causing the problem. back in the day when i was using http://www.freedigits.com/ instead of gizmo for the linked # i started to have sound issues so i changed my freedigits account to another one and bam the sound was back. might be the same issues with gizmo.

its always good idea to have XXX gizmo accounts :P
Found the problem. I am using WRT54G with asterisk. If I set gizmo dtmf as rfc2833 the sound is bad. I changed it to "info" and it works fine now.