JTAG on Vonage VDV21 worked.

Use USB JTAG NT on VOIP device so we can unlock the device or configure the device.
usbbdm

JTAG on Vonage VDV21 worked.

Post by usbbdm »

Last night I got this toy out of the closet and made it work with USB JTAG NT. I will keep on working on it until it is unlocked. A DLL might be needed to unlock this device.
If you just solder the pin headers and you will find the JTAG get no response. You will notice there are several resistors are missing. What I did is soldered missing resistors. (But it might be possible only needed to short the R53. Others can try to just short pin R53 to see if it is that simple). R53 is TDO and it was not connected to the JTAG port.
Other resistors are simply pull up and can use 4-10K resistor. I will try again to see if they are absolutely needed.
After created xml I was able to read the full 8M flash and the Admin password is in plane text.

I will look at how to unlock his little device. VDV21 sells quite cheap on eBay and with the caller ID display it is certainly a good toy to play.
konnan

Post by konnan »

Great USBBDM one more device for your record/... thanks buddy
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

The same tool to unzip and zip the SB5100 tool can unzip and zip the VDV21 firmware. Looks like it is possible to enable the SIP configuration on this device.
JTAG1

Post by JTAG1 »

How can we do that man?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

You mean JTAG it or unlock it?
If you download 0.32 released yesterday, it has the VDV21.xml. The only thing you need to do is to solder the resistors that are missing to be able to JTAG it.
I am doing the dll and so far I can remove the keys and reset the Admin password. With serial port you can set the SIP user account. I will do a little more testing before I switch to another target.SB5101u will mostly be the next target.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Finally I can enable both port of this device.
The current method is similar to VT2X42. Use JTAG to erase hash and Keys (both factory and dynamic non-vol).
Use serial port to add user id and password. The TFTP method does not work yet.
This device now have TWO port with call ID. A very nice toy.

If anyone need it I can upload the dll for you to have a try. backup before you go ahead to modify it.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

JTAG1

Post by JTAG1 »

Can we go step by step how to make this adapter working on my own sip company pls? :)
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Are you interested in this testing?
You need first make JTAG work and I can upload a dll to clear your password. Then you can go to console (not xml method) to add your SIP information. This way you can open TWO phone port to have TWO sip lines.
JTAG1

Post by JTAG1 »

Y i'm, cos i need badly this adapter :)
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

So go ahead and have it JTAG backup whole flash. When ready and tell me then I will upload a dll for it to erase all the password.
totalanni

Post by totalanni »

usbbdm wrote:So go ahead and have it JTAG backup whole flash. When ready and tell me then I will upload a dll for it to erase all the password.
So Usbbdm...are you saying that after doing this, we can login to the webgui and change our sip settings? or are you saying that we will ahve to use a serial ttl to change the sips?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

totalanni wrote:So Usbbdm...are you saying that after doing this, we can login to the webgui and change our sip settings? or are you saying that we will ahve to use a serial ttl to change the sips?
I have not made any GUI to change sip setting. (It is possible but you need to make a GUI for it).

The unlock simply wipe out all the Vonage setting and never call home to upgrade the firmware.

Use serial is the way I found works well to set SIP on this device.
totalanni

Post by totalanni »

usbbdm wrote:I have not made any GUI to change sip setting. (It is possible but you need to make a GUI for it).

The unlock simply wipe out all the Vonage setting and never call home to upgrade the firmware.

Use serial is the way I found works well to set SIP on this device.
Cool, i just saw that the 3 phone system they sell at walmart uses this device...
sambul41

Post by sambul41 »

Any example how to use serial to add a second SIP? Or how to setup tftp server to serve a modded config? Did you check if all resistors are needed, or just shorting R53 will do?