Arris brick!

Use USB JTAG NT on VOIP device so we can unlock the device or configure the device.
jrockow

Arris brick!

Post by jrockow »

I have been trying for more than a week to un-brick my TM502G.

First let me say I don't have the original boot file.

I have one from a working modem that I'm trying to load.

Both modems display CFI MX29LV320B when ID'd, so I was hoping the boot files were the same.

If I slow program (3000000Hz) the bricked unit it seems to load the boot file OK.

If I immediately do an SCMPRAM it shows OK, but after a power reset I get an error on the compare.

The modem only ever displays the power-on led.

I don't know if there's a watchdog or something that's stopping me.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

You could have a watchdot and you cannot do cmpram any more.
Here is suggesttion and it should work.
First erase boot. Then power cycle the modem.
Then only use slow mode to program and scmpram the entire flash and this should solve your issue.
jrockow

Usbbdm

Post by jrockow »

Thanx for your help.
However, I tried what you suggested but when I try to write the entire flash the process hangs about 3/4 of the way thru.
As I said in my original post, I am using bin files from a similar unit.
I do not have an original backup of the bricked modem.
Do you have another suggestion?

While I have your attention I would also like to ask a question about the good unit I have. I have no idea of it's history, but when I connect it, it seems to work.
I always quickly disconnect after my test as I'm not sure what I'm doing. It's never been on for more than a minute or two.
My question is, can I leave it connected and use it as is?
Is there something that needs to be changed first to safeguard it?
Besides making a good backup?
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

jrockow wrote:Thanx for your help.
However, I tried what you suggested but when I try to write the entire flash the process hangs about 3/4 of the way thru.
As I said in my original post, I am using bin files from a similar unit.
I do not have an original backup of the bricked modem.
Do you have another suggestion?

While I have your attention I would also like to ask a question about the good unit I have. I have no idea of it's history, but when I connect it, it seems to work.
I always quickly disconnect after my test as I'm not sure what I'm doing. It's never been on for more than a minute or two.
My question is, can I leave it connected and use it as is?
Is there something that needs to be changed first to safeguard it?
Besides making a good backup?
Well Glad you Learned your Lesson of Making a Back Up before Playing. To bad like many Others You learned the Hard WAY. ;) As for the Other Modem Or any Modem for that matter, If you connect it , It will get operational However that does Not Mean you will have Internet. If Modem Has Stock Firm and Not Provitioned ( Activated ) By Cable Comp. Then you will get no internet Access.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
jrockow

Tundra

Post by jrockow »

The modem does get internet access.
My question is, what do I need to do before I use it on a regular basis?
I don't want to make another mistake.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

jrockow wrote:The modem does get internet access.
My question is, what do I need to do before I use it on a regular basis?
I don't want to make another mistake.
Then the Modem is Active. If you Need Hacking Info This is the wrongs site. I have not seen any Firmwares for that Model.
If its still active then Whats keeping you from using it?
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
jrockow

Tundra

Post by jrockow »

I'm worried it may de-activated, like a receiver, unless I change something?
This is my first testing with a modem and I don't know what to expect.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

jrockow wrote:I'm worried it may de-activated, like a receiver, unless I change something?
This is my first testing with a modem and I don't know what to expect.
Sooner or later this will happen wethere or not the Modem is connected or Not. They don't need to have the modem connected to dis Activate. This is Not like the Cable Boxes. :D So might as well enjoy it while you can. ;)
household2

Post by household2 »

send me your email i upload softweare from another site [email protected]
antwandavis1

Help

Post by antwandavis1 »

Could someone tell me what's the commands for flashing the ARRIS TM502G
because i can get a backup of the chip but can't write to it, I'm using a Usbjtag NT and software 0.45a,but when i hit read, it reads i choose my dump
and it start to erase but never write.Thanks in advance!!!
(P.S I'm trying to Clone it)
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

antwandavis1 wrote:Could someone tell me what's the commands for flashing the ARRIS TM502G
because i can get a backup of the chip but can't write to it, I'm using a Usbjtag NT and software 0.45a,but when i hit read, it reads i choose my dump
and it start to erase but never write.Thanks in advance!!!
(P.S I'm trying to Clone it)
If you need help I can log in with teamveiwer to take a look. I will be back tomorrow and resume normal remote help.
antwandavis1

Help

Post by antwandavis1 »

Yes i need help! Thanks Alot
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

More likely is the issue with watchdog. The way to get by the watchdog is to program small portion at a time so it finishes the programming and let it reboot and program another portion. Watchdog is to prevent the program taking too much CPU time and reset itself. In our case we are taking long period of time to program/erase the chip and the watchdog resets the CPU. If we only program small portion the program succeeded and let it reset then program another portion. You end up program the entire flash eventually.