PIC32MX support

Use USB JTAG NT for development. GNU deugger etc.
usbbdm

PIC32MX support

Post by usbbdm »

I have almost finished the support for PIC32MX. The software will send to Microchip for testing before I can release it. The programming speed is about 153KB/s. The fastest programmer ever. It also support Intel Hex file. To program a 512KB of flash will take a little over 3 seconds. The erase time (if not chip erase) is 3 seconds too. I will talk to the developer and see what they want in terms of erase. This will most likely to be 0.22 software for NT.

BTW. This chip uses EJTAG 2.6 which support fastdata and increase the data transfer speed of about 25%. Read memory goes above 400KB/s and setram goes above 500KB/s. I will do a little more optimization and could squeeze 5-10% more.
sphinx

Post by sphinx »

On what devices will we find this chip?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

This is for developer not for hacker. The chip is from Microchip.
tcmichals

Post by tcmichals »

how is this coming along... The reason for asking there is a new board coming from sparkfun that has the new pic32 on it. I want to use gdb etc and this jtag tool for a cheaper solution.

Why do you have to send it to microchip for testing? Can this be made available for general testing?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

There is no gdb support (not finished). But current NT software can do programming PIC32MX pretty well. 3 seconds programming the 512K flash.
tcmichals

Post by tcmichals »

what would be the next step? use openocd? how can I help?