Unknown Flash Type ff,ff,ff for SB6121

SB6XXX,SBV6XXX

Moderators: justsomeguy, Koevoet

Bugman1400

Unknown Flash Type ff,ff,ff for SB6121

Post by Bugman1400 »

I am still having no luck with using an external +5VDC on the 6121 after checking and re-checking the pinout. For those who have been successful, has everyone used the USB-TTL?
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Bugman1400 wrote:I am still having no luck with using an external +5VDC on the 6121 after checking and re-checking the pinout. For those who have been successful, has everyone used the USB-TTL?
Not really. Just a matter of thinking out side the Box. (Yes I know not everyone has that gift. LMFAO) You can use an OLD USB wire, Cut one End, Strip Wire, Red is Pos 5 Volts and Black is Ground, Cut white & Green as not Needed. NOW that was not a Dificult Idea to Come up with????????
You can even use that USB Wire with a USB Plug in Wall Transformer Or Even use an old 5Volts DC Plug in transformer.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
thadpg

Post by thadpg »

I thought it was supposed to have a 3.3V external power source? I'm having a hard time getting the modem to power up also. Is there an ISP (TRST) point equivalent to the pad above R362 on the SB6120?
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

thadpg wrote:I thought it was supposed to have a 3.3V external power source? I'm having a hard time getting the modem to power up also. Is there an ISP (TRST) point equivalent to the pad above R362 on the SB6120?
If there was, Or if Someone Knew it, Then External Power is Not Needed. Why else do you think we provied external Power? However Since you Have One, You can test on your Own to see if you Find the Spot. Thats How I found the Spot for SB6180, DPC3008 & DPC3010
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."