Re: SB6120

SB6XXX,SBV6XXX

Moderators: justsomeguy, Koevoet

klouder

Post by klouder »

Thanks for the info USBBDM. If you need any SB6120 testing done, let me know. I have several modems to play with and all versions of the shelled firmware - DOCSIS and euroDOCSIS. I will post here when i have any updates on accessing the shell/console and hacked firm development updates.
klouder

Post by klouder »

6120 testing is going very well... the shell is extremely powerful - TI finally released a decent modem chipset (puma5)!

there are 2 shells - the busybox linux console and the motorola console. you access the motorola console by typing "cli" in the busybox shell.

hacked firmware is under development and should be ready soon.
mauro125

Post by mauro125 »

Any update on how this is going?
dustin21n

sb6120 modem

Post by dustin21n »

i was able to detect this modem using the jtag mapping from the video tutorial guide but after reading this post i notice the jtag mapping was different compare to the one from the tutorial. my question is which mapping for the jtag should i be using and which file can i use to flash the chips? any support would be great.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

What is the difference you see? What really matters is the offset of the firmware. You can modify anyway you want in the xml.
dustin21n

Post by dustin21n »

i guess the mapping of the jtag connection onto the flash chip is not important as long as you can detect the flash. now regarding the firmware...is there a working firmware that i can load onto the board? i believe that the current firmware that was on my board is either damage or corrupted. i have included the firmware that was save from my board and wondering if you can take a look at it and see if it corrupted or not.

http://www.easy-share.com/1908607131/sb6120orig.bin
d0

Post by d0 »

typing 'cli' into shell does not work for me, also i have noticed that after programming image 1 powering off and on again image 1 will be all F's