SB6120 page uploaded.

SB6XXX,SBV6XXX

Moderators: justsomeguy, Koevoet

usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

viewtopic.php?t=3947
Tells how the history on me to work on the modem. I got the SB5102 modem on Saturday purchased on eBay and started to add SPI work on it. So you can see virus.b did some initial work and that is quite valuable. At least we exclude the possibility of using the JTAG solution (Still possible I think when arm is supported).
That is how we put together. Anything post here is no secret. I just said it is a little hard to find the ISP pin not the SPI pins. That is totally different thing.
Our members just seeing too much things cloned from here with
out give credit. The cloner has a download section and the usbjtag software has no credit. (Every software downloaded has credit to but usbjtag software which they declare "copyrighted").
The cloner has posts that completely copy how we backup and restorer modem with script without give this site credit. We have see too many.

So if you have short history with cloner look at his site and see if I am wrong.
Bad_Ad84

Post by Bad_Ad84 »

as i said, it wasnt you i was correcting.

anyway, enough of all this.
UserName

ahaha

Post by UserName »

funny...ahaha
do not believe what i say 10% its true :confused:
UserName

Post by UserName »

just bought one from my friend and i get about 55 60somehting down 10up he said he put some kinda pocket pc software on it. linux stuff works fine.
MrP

Post by MrP »

UserName were you able to mod the 6120? I'm wondering if i should get one or two. What are the steps needed to get up running?
UserName

Post by UserName »

thats not what i said
d0

Post by d0 »

Who will be the first to develop mod firmware for this modem?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

This modem uses ARM core and Linux OS.
So Linux hackers will be happy to see this platform. I never did write firmware on it but just to prove USB JTAG NT will be the first (and fastest) tool to program it.

Not sure if Motorola should release their code at least for the OS. (GPL or LGPL code?)

I have played Linux these days to add Asterisk on a old WRT54G and it is quite fun to see WRT54G could be of such a great toy.
klouder

Post by klouder »

I successfully flashed my SB6120 tonight with USBJTAG NT and 2 different versions of the shelled firmware - SB6120-1.0.0.4-SCM00-SH.ubfi and SB6120-1.0.2.0-SCM00-SH.bin. The modem boots fine with the stock bootloader. You MUST erase the firmware image before doing using the sprogram command or it will NOT work!

Development of Haxorware 6120 has already started. Anyone who pays attention to the modem scene should know this. Not sure when it will be done.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

klouder

Post by klouder »

the haxorware team has already started work on haxorware for the 6120. i am sure there will be more than one hacked firmware from different developers because the 6120 is busybox linux-based. the entire OS is open source and so is a lot of the motorola code (except for the DOCSIS layer).

if you visit the motorola teamforge open source site, you can download the bootloader (uboot), LED code, and many more modules. the uboot bootloader can be easily modified to make it "noisy" so firmware can be flashed via serial cable while modem is booting - similar to pressing "p" with broadcom bootloaders for the bcm3348/bcm3349 modems.

usbbdm: i have had a 6120 since early this year. i waited several months for you to release pinout and NT software before i even attempted to flash my modem (i wrote my own TSB6120 XML file for USBJTAG NT to support SB6120 before you found SPI pinout). i used your pinout picture in conjunction with the SPANSION datasheet for this particular SPI flash chip. the PDF comes in handy when rotated properly. i tried to attach the PDF but it is too large. here is the link for it:

http://spansion.com/Products/Support/Da ... 0_C4_e.pdf

my point above is that you found SPI pinout for the device and nobody is trying to steal credit from you. i think you are wasting too much energy being concerned about "cloner" instead of continuing to improve your excellent products. i'm a member at a lot of different modem sites, and you should consider it a compliment if another site posts your pinout.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Finding the ISP pinout is not wasting time. The SPI support is from SB5102. That is with the help of virus.b.
If there is SPI flash not supported yet let me know and I can easily add them in, SPI or not.

Thanks for the info about Motorola open source site and I think I will search some fun stuff in VT2x42 which might be able to make a asterisk+voip product. It is too early to say now but will look to see if I can find some good info.
klouder

Post by klouder »

first hacked beta firmware for 6120 has been released by SBH dev team. it's not available to the public yet, but it works great on comcast and charter. public beta will be available soon :)
shrooms

why the hate

Post by shrooms »

@virus.b
hey guys, looks at me, hahahahah...hahahahah...hahahaha

okay now that I got that out of the way

@usbbdm
dude, you should seriously consider the fact that the SBH team has balls, and teamwork, and this whole mess that has unfolded over that past few years should be put aside.
Everyone knows you work pretty hard to develop and test hardware, and you have respect for that, i can assure you.
The USBJTAG NT capabilities will be redeveloped by others in a similar design and capability for debug/reprogramming memory is not original, so it doesn't leave an open ground to claim such technological capability for oneself. Unless you play fair with all the players and place your mark as a villain turned hero in the credits of this lengthy soap drama, this whole scene will be as cheesy as a daytime soap.

I seriously place forward that you should embrace the fact that firm/software development is underway for the SB6120, and you're selling allot of NTs because of this.
So all in all, it doesn't matter where pinouts come from, all that matters is the fact behind what you have done, and what SBH team is doing is very well intertwined together.

Distinguish the heat, and put a leash on the virus with laughable ways, DOCSIS 3 is going to stick around for a while, like it or not, competition is not a logical factor of the equation.

P.S. Greed and ignorance has always played a downfall to man. Avoid the 2 killers and live forever.