what gives with this program

SB6XXX,SBV6XXX

Moderators: justsomeguy, Koevoet

Koevoet

Post by Koevoet »

Solder the kaynar wire direct onto the usbjtagNT , you may have to remove the top part of the heat shrink to get the lead off. see if that works as the length you have now along with the different wires and connections could be causing you issues.

Regards
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

The dark glue serves as bridge might be the problem. Notice the wire are crossing some data on the board. If that bus has high frequency that will give you some noise.

If you absolute need wire, let them float and seperate them as much as possible, also try to avoid touching the PCB board. Your setup looks nice but it might not work for high frequency. I bet with this setup even speed 2 might not work. It is now not the length but the distance to the PCB board is the issue.
modsource

Post by modsource »

what I did was make the connections but push the wires into hot glue onto the pcb board so that they wouldnt get pulled out of their connection. is there something else I can use instead of the wire I used that I could do something similar so that I can have it on the pin header and then plug that into the usbjtagnt 's cable and not directly onto the jtag?
ty
dragonmas

virgin 6120

Post by dragonmas »

I made header(pix sent to usbbdm)and get good detect,read verfiy,cfg is all ff's,image 0 and 1 seems to look normal(correct).This sound about right?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

IF you can read/write part of the flash it is right. Part of them are all ffs and that is OK.
supakilla25

need 6120 flash help

Post by supakilla25 »

ok i just soldered the cable to the 6120 im thinking n the right place. when i went to try and read the modem i got this error

-flshdct 0
Unknown flash type!
Report these two value to http://www.usbjtag.com/vbforum 0000,0000

did i do something wrong
supakilla25

Post by supakilla25 »

ok i fixed my problem with the error i was getting when trying to detect the modem i had the cable on backwards :( got it fixed and made a clean back up of the fw thats on the modem now im in search of a working fw that i can test on it anyone have one they dont mind sharing
klouder

Post by klouder »

first hacked beta firmware for 6120 has been released by SBH dev team. it's not available to the public yet, but it works great on comcast and charter. public beta will be available soon :)

i also have ALL versions of 6120 shelled firmware for those who wish to test. PM me if you need the firmware (not the hacked, only the shelled).