Help to program 6120 Beta Firmware

SB6XXX,SBV6XXX

Moderators: justsomeguy, Koevoet

usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

UserName wrote:i am trying just to edit the names they put in the firmware because i don't like it they advertise to much links to their site etc .. plus they override the builder name does not mach the original and many other things that i bet the ISP can detect and ban the mac.
there is only one firmware hackware for old modems that actually was the best most clean i see lately all want credit for everything. they copyright the original shell from motorola...one thing is to change but to say that you build it is another. is like i buy a shoe and paint different color and sell with my own name.
its funny they even say they have a lawyer lol....if that's true that lawyer is crazy to think he can defend them...its illegal no matter what , is just like a drug dealer say i have lawyer to defend my rights to sell drugs...
i noticed they start taking sites to court...,so bdm you might wanna get some advice about the DLL you make because so you be on safe side... because is legal to have a jtag but i believe illegal to have jtag software that change settings on digital boxes or mac ids etc...i am not lawyer i don't know
Make sure you generate the right checksum. Or the program will not run.
retard123

Post by retard123 »

UserName wrote:what so much crap that image is just a dam shell from motorola they just put their own name inside to make it look cool....they have someone with the right tools to do this i bet someone from the router modding department from ddwart its very similar design.
usbbdm wrote:For those who want to start your own firmware project here is how you can go. (I have no interest to do so).

1. Find Motorola open source project to see if the source code has the package tool. (make the final image).
2. If you do then analyze and make a de-package tool.
3. Get the file system. Start from the software with shell (public already). Then make your own web page and that is it. \
Actually if you burn the shell firmware form Motorola is already very powerful. Again it is not very difficult as UserName pointed, dd-wrt guys had done this long time ago.
That will not work, the Stock SB6120 diagnostic firmware cannot force configs, anyone who says other wise is an idiot

this firmware is not like older Motorola diagnostic firmwares they removed that stuff so we couldn't do this

and good luck to anyone who can get a working build out of the Motorola source code
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Since I am insulted by the SBH admin as an "idiot". I will prove I am "idiot" and do not be supprised to see me make an imagetool public soon.
This thread is too big and I am going to close it.

I will make tools that every one can "configure" the SB6120 firmware. Just like we did for DCT firmware. This way you can make your own firmware and you have your own "copyright".