Help to program 6120 Beta Firmware

SB6XXX,SBV6XXX

Moderators: justsomeguy, Koevoet

stomperz

Post by stomperz »

rampag98 wrote:Is it necessary to change config name to config.cm if using d11_m_sb6120_commercialshowcase_c05.cm? I've tried both and they work great.
well if the command is
"wget ftp://modem:[email protected]/config.cm"
config.cm is the file it will look to d/l

"wget ftp://modem:[email protected]/eatme.cm"
eatme.cm is the file it will look to d/l

it kinda looks like you have to change the command or the file name
rampag98

Post by rampag98 »

stomperz wrote:well if the command is
"wget ftp://modem:[email protected]/config.cm"
config.cm is the file it will look to d/l

"wget ftp://modem:[email protected]/eatme.cm"
eatme.cm is the file it will look to d/l

it kinda looks like you have to change the command or the file name
This is the command that I used
"wget ftp://modem:[email protected]:21/d11 ... ase_c05.cm"
This worked fine. Uploaded from my tftp w/ putty no problem without changing filename.

Thx stomperz
UserName

Post by UserName »

all this uncapping stuff will soon stop i bet comcast is working on adding more security i see many people go down macs banned etc.
do not believe what i say 10% its true :confused:
stomperz

Post by stomperz »

retard123 wrote:if your on chicago comcast you should get 80mbit use this config d11_m_na_c05.cm read on SBH we also have the 100mbit/16mbit config listed
It's not the config it's my ds power level

i'm splitting my cable - I get 16 dBmV direct
but don't want to run new cable or keep the modem in the upstairs bedroom
Channel Vision 16 Port RF Amplified Splitter - 12 dBmV

it's split again lol when it's gets to my modem - not bad for 7 dBmV sometimes 6 V
i'm not going without a TV!

thx for the putty cm d/l stuff

btw instead of changing the DNS stuff I just disconnect the cable for the ftp had a hard time otherwise

retard123

Post by retard123 »

Just to let you guys all know sbhacker has removed all the information on SB6120 at this time, this is because other sites and craigslist are selling these modems with out firmware flashed for close to double the price $300 in a lot of places.... sbhacker sells these modems for $175 and that includes a break out board for external jtag and mini usb....

Give us a few days and we will figure some stuff out
joejoe332006

Post by joejoe332006 »

thats interesting, I was just on that site and the Sb6120 info is still there to read.
cablecowboy

Post by cablecowboy »

retard123 wrote:Just to let you guys all know sbhacker has removed all the information on SB6120 at this time, this is because other sites and craigslist are selling these modems with out firmware flashed for close to double the price $300 in a lot of places.... sbhacker sells these modems for $175 and that includes a break out board for external jtag and mini usb....

Give us a few days and we will figure some stuff out
I'm not being a smart ass retard, But it's too little to late. The bad guys already have the files. Now your just hurting the average joe that paid $100.00 for a modem and $60.00 for a usbjtagnt. I'm not complaining it's your to do as you wish and I have the file already myself. I am sorry they screwed you though.
retard123

Post by retard123 »

cablecowboy wrote:I'm not being a smart ass retard, But it's too little to late. The bad guys already have the files. Now your just hurting the average joe that paid $100.00 for a modem and $60.00 for a usbjtagnt. I'm not complaining it's your to do as you wish and I have the file already myself. I am sorry they screwed you though.
Yea I know the files are out there thats not the problem :)
lgenao

were cant get this file

Post by lgenao »

stomperz wrote:I used the jtagnt to do the whole flash

just load image0 + image1 both are same file "SBH_Alpha1.0.0.bin"
Wright to image0 + image1
You must use "SB6120 Noisy Bootloader.bin" to shell
SBH_Alpha1.0.0.bin
cablecowboy

Post by cablecowboy »

lgenao wrote:SBH_Alpha1.0.0.bin
you can't anymore. Try sbh in the future.
themob

Post by themob »

yo.

what do you mean "you can't anymore. Try sbh in the future"
UserName

Post by UserName »

lgenao wrote:SBH_Alpha1.0.0.bin
what so much crap that image is just a dam shell from motorola they just put their own name inside to make it look cool....they have someone with the right tools to do this i bet someone from the router modding department from ddwart its very similar design.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

For those who want to start your own firmware project here is how you can go. (I have no interest to do so).

1. Find Motorola open source project to see if the source code has the package tool. (make the final image).
2. If you do then analyze and make a de-package tool.
3. Get the file system. Start from the software with shell (public already). Then make your own web page and that is it. \
Actually if you burn the shell firmware form Motorola is already very powerful. Again it is not very difficult as UserName pointed, dd-wrt guys had done this long time ago.
cablecowboy

Post by cablecowboy »

themob wrote:yo.

what do you mean "you can't anymore. Try sbh in the future"
it means sbh removed the file. You might find it around somewhere. If not then you have to wait until sbh finishes the firmware or reposts it.
UserName

Post by UserName »

usbbdm wrote:For those who want to start your own firmware project here is how you can go. (I have no interest to do so).

1. Find Motorola open source project to see if the source code has the package tool. (make the final image).
2. If you do then analyze and make a de-package tool.
3. Get the file system. Start from the software with shell (public already). Then make your own web page and that is it. \
Actually if you burn the shell firmware form Motorola is already very powerful. Again it is not very difficult as pointed, dd-wrt guys had done this long time ago.
i am trying just to edit the names they put in the firmware because i don't like it they advertise to much links to their site etc .. plus they override the builder name does not mach the original and many other things that i bet the ISP can detect and ban the mac.
there is only one firmware hackware for old modems that actually was the best most clean i see lately all want credit for everything. they copyright the original shell from motorola...one thing is to change but to say that you build it is another. is like i buy a shoe and paint different color and sell with my own name.
its funny they even say they have a lawyer lol....if that's true that lawyer is crazy to think he can defend them...its illegal no matter what , is just like a drug dealer say i have lawyer to defend my rights to sell drugs...
i noticed they start taking sites to court...,so bdm you might wanna get some advice about the DLL you make because so you be on safe side... because is legal to have a jtag but i believe illegal to have jtag software that change settings on digital boxes or mac ids etc...i am not lawyer i don't know

that's why i stooped helping because many ppl copy and sell things for profit and once they are caught they might blame the guy that cracked or figure out how to do it...if was all a hobby like in begining i would tell people how to change the dvrs and enable the jtag for dchs, because is just disabled if you put the box in debug will be able to jtag.