UJmodem inserting or pulling certs doesnt work.

SB6XXX,SBV6XXX

Moderators: justsomeguy, Koevoet

abescalamis

UJmodem inserting or pulling certs doesnt work.

Post by abescalamis »

I was trying to modify two modems and tried to backup and insert the certs only and change the Mac and ethernet mac using the ujmodem option but it didn't work, I connected the usbjtag to the modem by using the alt power way (used usbttl for the 3.3)

The connection is ok.

The modems I tried were:
ubee U10C035
DPC3000.

and they had already forceware installed, I know that forceware can change this by GUI but I'm getting a SBG6580 and sb6120, and don't want forceware in it.

Does this ujmodem option works only for non SPI chips?

I also think that it could be because I need to use the isp instead of the 3.3v way.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

abescalamis wrote:I was trying to modify two modems and tried to backup and insert the certs only and change the Mac and ethernet mac using the ujmodem option but it didn't work, I connected the usbjtag to the modem by using the alt power way (used usbttl for the 3.3)

The connection is ok.

The modems I tried were:
ubee U10C035
DPC3000.

and they had already forceware installed, I know that forceware can change this by GUI but I'm getting a SBG6580 and sb6120, and don't want forceware in it.

I also think that it could be because I need to use the isp instead of the 3.3v way.
Never Used UJModem to Change MAC, And MAC cloning is really DEAD so Makes Very Little Sence to say the Least. On an SB5101(as an Example) If you take the CFG (Also known as Non-Vol) from one Modem and write to another what your Basically doing is Full Cloning the Modem, It would have the same effect as if you took the entire flash from One and write to the Other.

Now Its not the Same when doing the UBEE,DPC3000 or SB6120. The Easiest way If you Don't know HOW Its DONE is to write the Entire Flash from One to the Other If your intention is to Clone an Active Modem...........
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
abescalamis

Post by abescalamis »

CAPONE wrote:Never Used UJModem to Change MAC, And MAC cloning is really DEAD so Makes Very Little Sence to say the Least. On an SB5101(as an Example) If you take the CFG (Also known as Non-Vol) from one Modem and write to another what your Basically doing is Full Cloning the Modem, It would have the same effect as if you took the entire flash from One and write to the Other.

Now Its not the Same when doing the UBEE,DPC3000 or SB6120. The Easiest way If you Don't know HOW Its DONE is to write the Entire Flash from One to the Other If your intention is to Clone an Active Modem...........
What I meant is that I am also trying to upload the certs not just to change the mac, I no longer have the modem from where I extracted the certs, so I cannot flash the the whole dump or the cfg (nonvol).

I think for what are you saying is not possible, thank you.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

abescalamis wrote:I was trying to modify two modems and tried to backup and insert the certs only and change the Mac and ethernet mac using the ujmodem option but it didn't work, I connected the usbjtag to the modem by using the alt power way (used usbttl for the 3.3)

The connection is ok.

The modems I tried were:
ubee U10C035
DPC3000.

UJmodem was created for a while and no new features for the Linux based modems.
abescalamis

Post by abescalamis »

usbbdm wrote:UJmodem was created for a while and no new features for the Linux based modems.
Thank you; you saved me a lot of more hours of trying!!!
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

abescalamis wrote:What I meant is that I am also trying to upload the certs not just to change the mac, I no longer have the modem from where I extracted the certs, so I cannot flash the the whole dump or the cfg (nonvol).

I think for what are you saying is not possible, thank you.
I Understood what your trying to do. I was just pointing out what would clearly be the easiest way to tackle your goal....... Clearly if you did not save a Full Backup then you would be Unable to do so, and Clearly you forgot the GOLDEN RULE OF TESTING..............ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP............
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
tvictor47

Change Mac

Post by tvictor47 »

Use Putty (set to ; Select 115200 Bits Per Second, 8 Data Bits, Parity: None, Stop Bits :1 and Flow Control None) or use this to change mac. Bluetooth Module - RN41 Stock Code : 000376

It's a ttl to rs223-bluetooth here are the pin outs. for the 6120

After you change your mac you need to make sure you have matching certs and all that good stuff... but there is another place for that and it is not here.