Dump 6183 yet?

SB6XXX,SBV6XXX
ictvtec

Post by ictvtec »

Lets say if one were able to get the pinouts, what pin config on the bga would be connected to the jtag?
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

ictvtec wrote:Lets say if one were able to get the pinouts, what pin config on the bga would be connected to the jtag?
Its an SPI Flash in BGA format. Figuring out the pin out is the easy part.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Yuji Saeki

Post by Yuji Saeki »

*disregard post*
Yuji Saeki

Post by Yuji Saeki »

ictvtec wrote:Lets say if one were able to get the pinouts, what pin config on the bga would be connected to the jtag?
The pinout would be the config. :)
marthypaul

Post by marthypaul »

Yuji Saeki wrote:sbhacker.net is up, so I'll be there instead. See my reply to this modem here: https://sbhacker.net/index.php?/topic/3 ... /?p=196550

In short, pinout: https://sbhacker.net/uploads/monthly_06 ... 536241.png

I ONLY VERIFIED GND AND VCC. (I don't have small-gauge wire to check!)
SINCE THE HOLD/ISP PIN IS NOT FOUND/UNPINNABLE (underneath?) YOU MAY HAVE TO TURN MODEM OFF (or you'll burn it out) AND SUPPLY YOUR OWN 3.3v TO VCC! THEN YOU CAN VERIFY PINOUT.

*EDIT* Fixed pinout for GND, had it on the wrong side of the resistor. :rolleyes:
Not everyone wants to pay to be able to log to sbhacker, think that forum is highly controlled and IP's logged.
And second url is wrong too
Yuji Saeki

Post by Yuji Saeki »

My bad, I misunderstood their: "Site is open again to general members, but limited access..." bit. Tried to upload an img here, usbjtag hates it, so whatever.

https://sbhacker.net/uploads/monthly_06 ... 914235.png
deadlysinz

Post by deadlysinz »

I was able to read the dump using the method from SBH but after desoldering the wires the modem does not want to boot. At first i thought it was me but then realize after 3 other that it does the same thing. Can read it and saved, I guess it has some protection in the BGA?
skygear

Post by skygear »

Did you resolve the issue? Or have 3 bricks now?
dw5304

Post by dw5304 »

deadlysinz wrote:I was able to read the dump using the method from SBH but after desoldering the wires the modem does not want to boot. At first i thought it was me but then realize after 3 other that it does the same thing. Can read it and saved, I guess it has some protection in the BGA?
i never did try writing anything besides my dump back to it. so not sure...
make sure you have the proper layout of the flash though.
i know their were some issues with people using sb6120's config and its writing data to the wrong flash location.

side note:on the sbh side of things ip's are not logged I turned that off :) or have as much as one can.

ones should be able to read but not able to post with an account. let me know if thats not the case.
hr23-700

sb6183

Post by hr23-700 »

hi i just pull the bga on it and read it with a up2008 programer
but is it possible to install any firmw to it
thanks
hyperangel

Post by hyperangel »

dw5304 wrote:i never did try writing anything besides my dump back to it. so not sure...
make sure you have the proper layout of the flash though.
i know their were some issues with people using sb6120's config and its writing data to the wrong flash location.

side note:on the sbh side of things ip's are not logged I turned that off :) or have as much as one can.

ones should be able to read but not able to post with an account. let me know if thats not the case.
dw5304? By any chance will you post the 6183 xml file in there? I just got the modem and want to play around with it.

Thanks in advanced.
deestee

Post by deestee »

hyperangel wrote:dw5304? By any chance will you post the 6183 xml file in there? I just got the modem and want to play around with it.

Thanks in advanced.
https://sbhacker.net/applications/core/ ... php?id=111
ricktendo

Post by ricktendo »

You have to be VIP to download the file, here is a mirror (rename from TXT to XML)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gjstroom

Post by gjstroom »

Anybody succeeded in dumping the sb6183 firmware, I am desperate searching for one !
Lebzul

Post by Lebzul »

No luck with this one up to now?