Linux NT on Sabayon (Gentoo) X64

NT software on Linux testing.
Koevoet

Linux NT on Sabayon (Gentoo) X64

Post by Koevoet »

Tried and tested on this build , it needs the QT4 libraries installed for v4.7 as it is not available in normal update repositories. Needs to be installed as root.

The blacklist usbtest custom conf needs to be added in order to get the activation popup.

Everything works as normal under this build , open/save /load etc. Drag & drop works as well and does not delete any files.

Regards
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

There is a glitch of the way libusb is used. When switching target it is not as seamless as under Windows. I narrowed down to the point the libusb is locking at read data while re-initialize the target. The working around is to unplug USB while switching target until a better solution is found.
Koevoet

Post by Koevoet »

Right i installed the final build of Linux NT onto this OS and could not get it to start ,,, issue with this was that the libraries i had installed already were for x64 and not x32 , as i am not very familiar with this build , i could find no way of installing the needed 32bit Qt libs .

The solution I found to this was to install Googleearth through there software manager which installed the needed libs , and the app started no problem after that.

I am sure there must be another way of transferring the Libs ,, but i found this to be the easiest method for me ...

The software itself now swaps targets with ease , no more freezing and needing to unplug the usb each time. And it seems to get detected and activated a lot quicker using just libusb-1.0.

Regards
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Koevoet wrote:Right i installed the final build of Linux NT onto this OS and could not get it to start ,,, issue with this was that the libraries i had installed already were for x64 and not x32 , as i am not very familiar with this build , i could find no way of installing the needed 32bit Qt libs .

The solution I found to this was to install Googleearth through there software manager which installed the needed libs , and the app started no problem after that.

I am sure there must be another way of transferring the Libs ,, but i found this to be the easiest method for me ...

The software itself now swaps targets with ease , no more freezing and needing to unplug the usb each time. And it seems to get detected and activated a lot quicker using just libusb-1.0.

Regards
On fedora 14 64 bit, to install libusb 1.0 is to use
"yum install libusb1.i686"
I will try on ubuntu latter report here.
Koevoet

Post by Koevoet »

yum did not work on ubuntu or gentoo ....

Ubuntu was not the problem that was solved using the getlibs .

I think i have sussed out gentoo as well using the emulibs , will verify and add to this thread if it solves the issue without having to install another app.

Regards