getting a linux version that's compiled as 64 bit

NT software on Linux testing.
[email protected]

getting a linux version that's compiled as 64 bit

Post by [email protected] »

Is it possible to get a version that runs on a 64 bit system out of the box? I'm hoping that the author would just compile a 64 bit version. The thread regarding Mint 11 64 bit isn't working. Also, the link for the lib package is broken.

Thanks,
Jim
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

[email protected] wrote:Is it possible to get a version that runs on a 64 bit system out of the box? I'm hoping that the author would just compile a 64 bit version. The thread regarding Mint 11 64 bit isn't working. Also, the link for the lib package is broken.

Thanks,
Jim
Can you tell which download is broken? I can fix that if you tell me.
I have not played with the Linux version for a while.
All the software now are compiled under 32 bit for compatibility issue. PC version runs on both 32bit and 64 bit OS. I assume this is the same to Linux (I could be wrong).
All I did was setup one Linux machine and compiled it. Then tested on several versions of Linux under virtual box.
[email protected]

The 32 bit linux version is the one that isn't cooperating. When I follow the Mint 11 instructions on changing the udev rules; I get a "wrong ELF version" error.

My guess is that if you compile it on a 64 bit linux system using the 64 bit libs, etc. it would work on any 64 bit linux system. You would then have to add a 64 bit version link to the linux section and change the current link to say it's 32 bit. You'd end up with two versions, 32 bit and 64 bit but would have fewer problems in the long run.

If you have it ready to compile, I would be glad to do that for you. If there are non-disclosure issues; I would be happy to honor them. Please email me if you feel the need to.

Thanks,
Jim
d0

Post by d0 »

i am running USBJTAGNT in x64 bit xubuntu and it works fine, have you tried doing this http://usbjtag.com/vbforum/showpost.php ... ostcount=6
Also I get a wrong ELF class as well but the program still runs
[email protected]

I have a 32 bit libusb-1.0.so.0. When I get the wrong ELF class, the program stops. Frustrating. :(

Jim