Buying a modem

Misc forums. Device donation, device swap. Off the topic etc.
thrpeeoh

Buying a modem

Post by thrpeeoh »

So, Comcast has been harassing me for a few months now about having DOCSIS 2.0 modem, telling me I need to upgrade to a 3.0. I have narrowed my choices down to a SB6120/6121 or a DPC3000/3008. Depends on what I can actually find for sale.
My question is, if I want to mod my modems firmware, should I have a legit modem as well as one I can "play" with?
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

thrpeeoh wrote:So, Comcast has been harassing me for a few months now about having DOCSIS 2.0 modem, telling me I need to upgrade to a 3.0. I have narrowed my choices down to a SB6120/6121 or a DPC3000/3008. Depends on what I can actually find for sale.
My question is, if I want to mod my modems firmware, should I have a legit modem as well as one I can "play" with?
OMG LMFAO. Your way to late for Modem testing Learning, However all above models can be flashed with USBJTAG NT. Most People Don't know ISP location on the DPC3008 and 3010 and not sure if the SB6121 as well.

Now as to the Docsis 2.0 Modem, Thats Just BULL SHIT on ComCrap. If they intended to drop Docsis 2.0 Modems then why Would they still activate them. I know for a fact that you can just call them up and they will activate your Docsis 2.0 Modem. In fact Its totally RETARDED for them to force a customer to get a Docsis 3.0 Modem to activate it at 30 MB or Less.

Its like Buying a Porsche to drive it @ 5 MPH,,,,,, TOTALY RETARDED. As long as your paying your Bills They cant force you to Upgrade to Docsis 3.0. It all depends on you letting them BULLY You into to Upgrade.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

They will still activate it, just speak to a different service rep. One that does not have their head up their ass.
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

WE ARE ANONYMOUS, EXPECT US.

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.
Tropical

Post by Tropical »