Brand new dct 2224

Misc forums. Device donation, device swap. Off the topic etc.
Killswitch

Brand new dct 2224

Post by Killswitch »

Members living in the general vicinity of Boston MA - somebody on eBay is Auctioning what appears to be a Pristine, never used Motorola DCT 2224 Digital Cable Box . However, it appears to be the property of our friends at Comcast. Somehow, I'm not surprised. There's plastic still covering the Display. Imagine the deal on this boy - that unit will be WIDE OPEN for apprx. 14 days before you'll need to put it on your Account. Phew! Almost wish I lived in Boston (not) .No bids have been posted yet - I know Boston has a reasonable amount of Testers and this unit is SWEET ! Enter Brand new DCT 2224 in the Search Tab and see what I mean! It's as cool as it gets. No faking it - this boy has never been run on a steady basis. Jump on it !
net-tools

Post by net-tools »

it's not new ! the plastic covering the display is repaired or refurbished !!!
most of self install digital cable box is like that.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Excuse me, but are you trying to tell me that this fool is trying to fake a clean, unmarked 2224 for New ? He doesn't even have an Unreserved price connected to the unit. Did you get a look at the unit? I've been around electronics toys my whole life and he's got a fresh, never used piece of goods here. Who, in their right mind, covers the display with plastic to fake out a very clean, hardly used item? The only place that you could get those goods new is from New York city and it goes around $300. at the cheapest. I don't trust anybody and this item is new and on time.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

MoonGoon wrote:Excuse me, but are you trying to tell me that this fool is trying to fake a clean, unmarked 2224 for New ? He doesn't even have an Unreserved price connected to the unit. Did you get a look at the unit? I've been around electronics toys my whole life and he's got a fresh, never used piece of goods here. Who, in their right mind, covers the display with plastic to fake out a very clean, hardly used item? The only place that you could get those goods new is from New York city and it goes around $300. at the cheapest. I don't trust anybody and this item is new and on time.
CACO Does, ALL THE TIME...............
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

whats the big deal about this unit anyways? if it's a new box it has to be hooked up to an account if you want to use it...even to mod the box you need some kind of prior sub on the box...so i really dont get whats so special about this box?

hell i can go buy a bran new box at my local future shop for $80 for a basic box, so if anyone wants to buy a guaranteed "fresh" box just let me know, i'll start the bidding at...ummmmm....$220! LOL
live your life like a beer commericial
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Yea, sure - they'll say that it's their property and they can dress it up in Fishnets and Heels if they want. They simply redistribute what they get back and take it from there. The other day, I got a DCH 70 with a chipped Display that had a band of moisture trapped on its inside. As far as I can see, they don't waste their time manicuring stock that goes back out into the field. Hey, you live right there. Did ya see the item? He's not gonna fetch top dollar for his goods. If's he's real lucky, he'll find THE RIGHT CLIENT to fork over $100. Nobody's gonna do a Tap Dance for this Box. Why fake it? A waste of his time.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

MoonGoon wrote:Yea, sure - they'll say that it's their property and they can dress it up in Fishnets and Heels if they want. They simply redistribute what they get back and take it from there. The other day, I got a DCH 70 with a chipped Display that had a band of moisture trapped on its inside. As far as I can see, they don't waste their time manicuring stock that goes back out into the field. Hey, you live right there. Did ya see the item? He's not gonna fetch top dollar for his goods. If's he's real lucky, he'll find THE RIGHT CLIENT to fork over $100. Nobody's gonna do a Tap Dance for this Box. Why fake it? A waste of his time.
Nope, Not interested...... I have better things to spend my $ on that would be a lot more productive. Just like in the Modem Hobby, This will filter out 99% of those who called themselves TESTERS and Only the 1% will be able to continue to test boxes. This is nothing NEW, We all knew this day was coming...........
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."