imagetool win32 shelled firmware creation.

Misc forums. Device donation, device swap. Off the topic etc.
Jester

imagetool win32 shelled firmware creation.

Post by Jester »

is there a windows version of imagetool? i looked and i couldn't find one. also has anyone tried to convert a NON shelled firmware to a shelled firmware by the inclusion of busybox / dropbear. is this even possible? in the arm/android world it is possible to emulate the target using qemu i know qemu has a MIPS target does anyone know if its feasible to emulate say a cable modem or set top box. bad forum etiquette to ask so much in one post i know but i'm excited about the possibilities and as you will come to find out one rambling post by me is better than 10 lol.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Jester wrote:is there a windows version of imagetool? i looked and i couldn't find one. also has anyone tried to convert a NON shelled firmware to a shelled firmware by the inclusion of busybox / dropbear. is this even possible? in the arm/android world it is possible to emulate the target using qemu i know qemu has a MIPS target does anyone know if its feasible to emulate say a cable modem or set top box. bad forum etiquette to ask so much in one post i know but i'm excited about the possibilities and as you will come to find out one rambling post by me is better than 10 lol.
You might want to try cygwin but it might be much more easier to install a virtualbox under Windows.