Hackintosh

Misc forums. Device donation, device swap. Off the topic etc.
Killswitch

Hackintosh

Post by Killswitch »

Have any Senior Members succeeded in putting Mac OS X onto a non-supported Windows PC ? There are NO words to express the futility of trying to create a so-called Hackintosh with either legal Apple software or by using Distros like Niresh and Iatkos to supposedly make things a bit easier to configure. The word EASY doesn't remotely apply here - this is, clearly, the most impossible, inconceivable challenge anybody with any level of determination will encounter. You'll have to know the Linux language rather well, if not be an expert. I'm a Certified Tech and, I feel like a child learning my ABC's. You'll get a Kernel Panic if you sneeze ! I've never seen anything remotely close to the sheer impossibility here. Any and all comments are welcome - I'm just gonna laugh my Jock off no matter what the scenario.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

I did manage to get it installed but then you have to start downloading the drivers. LOL it's a cool project though. At the time I had nothing better to do.
There are plenty of tutorials on line on how to do it.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
slugworth

Post by slugworth »

I did years ago but now I am at the stage where the mac os is getting obsolete.
I will get the nag to upgrade flash or upgrade the browser but the upgrade downloads the wrong version of whatever and I keep going in circles.
Mac leopard 10.57 is like the equivalent of win98,I have snow leopard on a laptop but that is just as bad.You have to go with mountain lion or whatever beast version they are on now to avoid the constant nags.One hackintosh site I had bookmarked years ago went belly up.Insanelymac is the only one left I was a member at.
My setups are all multi-boot osx and winxp
ntek

Post by ntek »

i had a few Hackintoshes about 4-5 years ago. seems like they stopped releasing the hackintosh OS after 10.6 or so. some ran better than others depending on Hardware, but seems Appl would release updates that killed them