Does anyone have documentation on the Motorola DCT Legacy API?

Misc forums. Device donation, device swap. Off the topic etc.
theman01

Does anyone have documentation on the Motorola DCT Legacy API?

Post by theman01 »

I have been seeing the Motorola DCT Legacy API mentioned in a couple places(by Motorola/Arris) and I have not been able to find any documentation on it at all.

The main reason I am looking for this is that if it is anything like the newer Cablelabs OCAP, then it could be very useful. I was surprised at the amount of low level control ocap has over the device. It can access/manage memory, access the underlying hardware, communicate with the POD/Cablecard.

So if anyone has any documentation on this, than please let me know.
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

theman01 wrote:I have been seeing the Motorola DCT Legacy API mentioned in a couple places(by Motorola/Arris) and I have not been able to find any documentation on it at all. The main reason I am looking for this is that if it is anything like the newer Cablelabs OCAP, then it could be very useful. I was surprised at the amount of low level control ocap has over the device. It can access/manage memory, access the underlying hardware, communicate with the POD/Cablecard...
Could you clarify a little bit more what exactly you are looking for? Official documents on STB are non-disclosure documents and you won't find any with public access. Your statement is very general so be more specific what exactly you had in mind about the API for DCTXXXX boxes.
Boxnut

Re: Does anyone have documentation on the Motorola DCT Legacy API?

Post by Boxnut »

Most of Motorola's legacy software is open source, don't know why you couldn't locate such documentation.
If you are talking the firmware API in the boxes, that is proprietary info. What I call unobtainium.
All you could do is JTAG the box and reverse engineer the software.
The firmware is not an OS, but functions like one so no real API.
Some of my information may be incorrect, incomplete,or just plain wrong. Seems I am human. :D