Programming RNG110...again

Anything you want to talk that is not fit in other forums. Do not spam. The threads might get deleted if not appropriate

Moderator: justsomeguy

merkin

Programming RNG110...again

Post by merkin »

@usbbdm
Cant the childs post be deleted instead of the entire thread being closed?
auroden wrote:You got that right. While I don't have such a fixture I do have the instruction manual of it which clearly shows a picture of the JTAG fixture with a vertical IR connection too. This one requires a connection to the manufacturer's server of course.
So for those who still say "IT IS NOT JTAGABLE" I would say: OH YES IT IS JTAGABLE BUT ONLY FOR THOSE WHO KNOW HOW TO DO IT.
How detailed is the photo? Can you see how may pins?

AL15 IR_OUT from bcm97405 dev board schematic
Strap bit
0 BSC_SLAVE (default)
1 SPI_SLAVE

Maybe the "IR dongle" is just pulling AL15 high because PACE software use SPI mode, not BSC(aka I2C)
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

merkin wrote:@usbbdm
Cant the childs post be deleted instead of the entire thread being closed?

How detailed is the photo? Can you see how may pins?

AL15 IR_OUT from bcm97405 dev board schematic
Strap bit
0 BSC_SLAVE (default)
1 SPI_SLAVE

Maybe the "IR dongle" is just pulling AL15 high because PACE software use SPI mode, not BSC(aka I2C)
I can leave pure technical thread open. I have tried on this box myself and have not yet found a viable JTAG port. (I could be missing something). I am open to revive the project if there is a workable JTAG port.
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

I can confirm too that there is no JTAG port (that is known), I also tested as well on many of the ones I came across throughout my ventures. Of course I will keep trying but it is not looking promising for the RNG110.

I know it's not my place to say this but I know the ISP's monitor these boards like a pedophile at a playground so that being said, we should be as vague as possible when sharing info in the open on possibilities of boxes (until we are able to come up with a feasible JTAG port and ability to reprogram them). I am just saying this because we are basically telling them they are doing a good job between them and Motorola, Pace. etc in their designs.

Obviously there is some progress being made on M-Card boxes but that is all it is right now is progress. Once we have a full understanding of how the M-Card operates and communicates with the host unit, then we will make breakthroughs. As of right now we do know that the M-Card stores all of the important data on it and is paired to a specific hardware ID. It is a matter of time before we are able to fully work out the M-Card and possibly program it to our liking. I am not spilling the beans here but we all know that every box has a workaround (some hardware wise). And some programmable. What is important is that we get as many people on board as possible to continue the projects that we have going.

RIP, just, and CAP we should head over to the other site to maybe toss more ideas around and see what we can come up with. I have alot of spare time to kill.

What kills me is that the ISP I am currently on has decided to change their keys once every couple of months and it makes me laugh because it doesn't stop me and only takes 5 minutes to get my channels back. What a waste of time , money, and bandwidth. lol. They were better off before the key changes tbh.
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

WE ARE ANONYMOUS, EXPECT US.

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

MrRogers wrote:I can confirm too that there is no JTAG port (that is known), I also tested as well on many of the ones I came across throughout my ventures. Of course I will keep trying but it is not looking promising for the RNG110.

I know it's not my place to say this but I know the ISP's monitor these boards like a pedophile at a playground so that being said, we should be as vague as possible when sharing info in the open on possibilities of boxes (until we are able to come up with a feasible JTAG port and ability to reprogram them). I am just saying this because we are basically telling them they are doing a good job between them and Motorola, Pace. etc in their designs.

Obviously there is some progress being made on M-Card boxes but that is all it is right now is progress. Once we have a full understanding of how the M-Card operates and communicates with the host unit, then we will make breakthroughs. As of right now we do know that the M-Card stores all of the important data on it and is paired to a specific hardware ID. It is a matter of time before we are able to fully work out the M-Card and possibly program it to our liking. I am not spilling the beans here but we all know that every box has a workaround (some hardware wise). And some programmable. What is important is that we get as many people on board as possible to continue the projects that we have going.

crazy, just, and CAP we should head over to the other site to maybe toss more ideas around and see what we can come up with. I have alot of spare time to kill.

What kills me is that the ISP I am currently on has decided to change their keys once every couple of months and it makes me laugh because it doesn't stop me and only takes 5 minutes to get my channels back. What a waste of time , money, and bandwidth. lol. They were better off before the key changes tbh.
I don't these days, but we can take it over there and chat about it. As for the RNZG110, maybe not a JTAG that clearly pops out but YES THERE IS ONE and the results will make your JAW DROP..............
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
macgyver12

Post by macgyver12 »

crazy's dead. RIP big guy.
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

macgyver12 wrote:crazy's dead. RIP big guy.
Yeah I heard about what happened to him, sucks big time. :/
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

WE ARE ANONYMOUS, EXPECT US.

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.
auroden

Post by auroden »

merkin wrote: How detailed is the photo? Can you see how may pins?
Sorry Merkin, the fixture is pretty robust and covers a quarter of the board. No details are given as it was meant for operators only, not for engineers to do some reverse engineering, LOL
I feel guilty for re-opening this subject the last time. I thought I could help by providing detailed schematic diagram of the JTAG connectons from this box because based on the remaining posts it seemed like an abandoned project. Unfortunately it was not accepted as a good intention. Since I don't own a sample of RNG110 to experiment with I can't support my findings. I don't feel like arguing every time I post something that is a taboo on this forum.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

macgyver12 wrote:crazy's dead. RIP big guy.
MrRogers wrote:Yeah I heard about what happened to him, sucks big time. :/
crazy is still alive and kicking guys...you just gotta be nuts enough to try and find him, even when you do he really isn't all there any more..there is more then just a few screws loose~
live your life like a beer commericial
merkin

Post by merkin »

It only took hours for thread to be sabotaged once again by the same members. If you disagree with usbbdm statements above, then do not respond to this thread. All response have no proof and are heresay and misguided. Save the bitching and moaning about public information for your 'secret place'.

@usbbdm
Again please remove non-technical posts. Thanks.

@auroden
What you describe seems like a bed of nails test board. The other member used the term "fingered block", so I figured it was a smaller device (ie 4-10 pogo pin adapter).
Also do not feel guilty or apologize for the ones who are in the game for sole purpose of TOS.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

merkin wrote:It only took hours for thread to be sabotaged once again by the same members. If you disagree with usbbdm statements above, then do not respond to this thread. All response have no proof and are heresay and misguided. Save the bitching and moaning about public information for your 'secret place'.

@usbbdm
Again please remove non-technical posts. Thanks.

@auroden
What you describe seems like a bed of nails test board. The other member used the term "fingered block", so I figured it was a smaller device (ie 4-10 pogo pin adapter).
Also do not feel guilty or apologize for the ones who are in the game for sole purpose of TOS.
This forum is for JTAG NT on cable boxes. If it is not related to JTAG NT on it, then it can go to off the topic.
macgyver12

Post by macgyver12 »

I can assure you there is no hearsay or misguided information here. Read in between the lines whenever you hear what you call 'hearsay' or 'misguided' information, because I promise you, the answers are on these forums, and when you realize it, you will be slapped silly in the face with the info, because you've probably read certain posts and thought nothing of it.
auroden

Post by auroden »

merkin wrote: @auroden
Thanks to cherrymachine I should get one RNG110 soon to experiment with. The JTAG connection has 14 pads and I hope it will work after a few mods to enable the interface.