Not authorized on most channels now ,, what happen ?

Anything you want to talk that is not fit in other forums. Do not spam. The threads might get deleted if not appropriate

Moderator: justsomeguy

antonx

Not authorized on most channels now ,, what happen ?

Post by antonx »

woke up today and turned on box and now 80 percent of the channels say not authorized now ,, only get local channels ,, use to get about 100 channels ,, tried reflashing ,, same result ,,, this is a philly thing ,, so whats this ,, flashing wit a usbjtag nt isnt the method of gettin channels anymore ,, ????? anyone have comments or suggestions ,,
moddog

Post by moddog »

Not authorized, means its over, but you could try a local Nvram and see what happen!
Good better best
antonx

Post by antonx »

only have local nvrams ,,tried all of them ,, same result ,, well enjoyed over 100 channels for like 2 years ,,, now can only enjoy like 20 after flashing ,,,,,now this is a sad day in usbjtag land ,, and im reading now this is happening in other cities besides philly ,,, yes the usbjtag flashing method of enjoying a lot of channnels is over ,,, sad
moddog

Post by moddog »

If you think out side the box you can enjoy a lot more channels:)
Good better best
Killswitch

Philly Pride

Post by Killswitch »

Hi! My name's John and I'm glad I'm not alone. Used to live up near the NE Airport, now down around Bridesburg. Got a DCT 2224 with an Old Board and quite a wake up call. Thought the thing just timed out and disconnected. Nowhere close! Think they finally had a Locksmith change the Keys! Not Deauthorized - got past a legit fake UID real easily. The channels are NOT AUTHORIZED but this hit didn't reach the XC cause the box is still connected. Free TV is a drag - what to do? If you've got a 2224/2244 with a CR4 board, I'll send you the backup. This looks like a Hysterectomy to me. Tubes are tied up real tight.
Killswitch

Cabbage

Post by Killswitch »

Yea, I stand corrected. The XC must've gotten the Deauth command because it's impossible to Factory Reset this boy back to a 0 state and reprogram/restore. I'm wondering if the Block the Auth command to XC in the Firmware Test index would've worked. I wonder if there's any conceivable way to wipe the Chip and start from scratch - I always thought that a Factory Reset would do much the same thing. There's gotta be a way to set the table but I would think that you'll need a subscribed box to do the thing. God, posts are gonna come outta the woodwork on that statement. Damn!
antonx

Post by antonx »

yeah i tried a factory reset on the dct700 hoping it would erase everything ,, but after flashing again ,, still getting not authorized on most channels ,, still only getting local channels ,,, hmm well some needs to come up with software to write to the xc chip using a usbjtag nt .. cause rite now this flashed box is acting like a regular tv converter box now ,, so imma have to surf the net to see if its any other methods besides the usbjtag method to flash a box