For teh Comca$t Internetz users in Mass.

Anything you want to talk that is not fit in other forums. Do not spam. The threads might get deleted if not appropriate

Moderator: justsomeguy

MrRogers

For teh Comca$t Internetz users in Mass.

Post by MrRogers »

Ok, just wondering here since it popped in to my head, that way I can be as informed as possible.

Anybody here in Massachusetts or anywhere for that matter that has Comcrap notice a more common DOCSIS 3.0 modem than others?

I tried looking online but I have no clue, I am trying to figure out which modem they are most likely to hand to me when I go in to get a cable modem from them. I understand it will be whatever they have on hand but for the sake of going in there and getting something I dislike, does anyone know if they hand out SB6120's, DPC3000's, etc? (I understand I could walk in there and find out, but to save myself the time and trouble if it turns out to be a piece of shit Arris modem I would rather ask first). :D

And if so, can I have more than 1 modem connection in my house?

Thanks in advance.
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

WE ARE ANONYMOUS, EXPECT US.

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

MrRogers wrote:Ok, just wondering here since it popped in to my head, that way I can be as informed as possible.

Anybody here in Massachusetts or anywhere for that matter that has Comcrap notice a more common DOCSIS 3.0 modem than others?

I tried looking online but I have no clue, I am trying to figure out which modem they are most likely to hand to me when I go in to get a cable modem from them. I understand it will be whatever they have on hand but for the sake of going in there and getting something I dislike, does anyone know if they hand out SB6120's, DPC3000's, etc? (I understand I could walk in there and find out, but to save myself the time and trouble if it turns out to be a piece of shit Arris modem I would rather ask first). :D

And if so, can I have more than 1 modem connection in my house?

Thanks in advance.
They don't do SB6120's since they where sold in stores, They will activate it if you own it, but they don't supply them. More than likely it will be a DPC3000 or an Arris 3.0. Not sure what is your problem with the arris or any other 3.0 modem for that matter. I have read and programmed them all regardless of model.
And while you can have more than one modem in a house, I doubt the company will do so...........
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

Ok sounds good CAPONE, I was just wondering since I was planning on heading down there today to grab a couple, the rep on the phone said it should be fine for me to get two modems since I explained my scenario he put a note on my acct.

I am going to use one dedicated for my computer and one for the PS3. Not for very long though ;)

I will let you know when I get back how I made out. And if I need a hand with the Arris's (if they give me that), can I ask for a little assistance? I will reward you with a big steaming pile of my dump :D
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

Ok, so here is the modem I got:

Ubee Part #:
DDM3513

U10C035.32

Any idea where the ISP pinout is?

What can I do with this?

(Modem is useless.... cannot be jtagged...) +1 to the CACO :/
I JTAGGED your mom.

CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

MrRogers wrote:Ok, so here is the modem I got:

Ubee Part #:
DDM3513

U10C035.32

Any idea where the ISP pinout is?

What can I do with this?

(Modem is useless.... cannot be jtagged...) +1 to the CACO :/
I would not be to quick to give CACO a + 1, But they have been doing a GOOD JOB Though............ LOL ;)
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

CAPONE wrote:I would not be to quick to give CACO a + 1, But they have been doing a GOOD JOB Though............ LOL ;)
Yeah I guess not but usually I can figure this out relatively easy FWIW, and now after a day of trying I am ready to effing torch this SOB! I have tried 2 separate computers, and 4 jtags and still no progress on this damn modem...

So far TV is gone, and has been for 4 years now... Internet is McDonalds Wifi and it is BS! To me my hat is off to them on this modem man because I can't do a damn thing with it, can't even get it to detect - usually that is the easiest part and now nothing at all... I did the older style Ubee with no issues at all but this new one man has effin ft Knox security on it. idk man, I think I am throwing the towel in on this one. Not worth buying one if you guys were thinking about doing anything with them D:
I JTAGGED your mom.

CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

MrRogers wrote:Yeah I guess not but usually I can figure this out relatively easy FWIW, and now after a day of trying I am ready to effing torch this SOB! I have tried 2 separate computers, and 4 jtags and still no progress on this damn modem...

So far TV is gone, and has been for 4 years now... Internet is McDonalds Wifi and it is BS! To me my hat is off to them on this modem man because I can't do a damn thing with it, can't even get it to detect - usually that is the easiest part and now nothing at all... I did the older style Ubee with no issues at all but this new one man has effin ft Knox security on it. idk man, I think I am throwing the towel in on this one. Not worth buying one if you guys were thinking about doing anything with them D:
Well take it easy at Mickey D's or you may start to gain some WEIGHT. LOL
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

CAPONE wrote:Well take it easy at Mickey D's or you may start to gain some WEIGHT. LOL
Already beat ya to it man, gained about 25lbs over the winter, now I gotta start going to the park and beach since this damn shit is messed up...
I JTAGGED your mom.

CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

MrRogers wrote:Already beat ya to it man, gained about 25lbs over the winter, now I gotta start going to the park and beach since this damn shit is messed up...
LOL, There you go, NOW THATS A GOOD HOBBY.......
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

MrRogers wrote:Already beat ya to it man, gained about 25lbs over the winter, now I gotta start going to the park and beach since this damn shit is messed up...
now here's an idea....it's pretty messed up though but why don't you try to SUB :cry:!!! ahahahaha....at least until you get your shit figured out...it beats the hell outa having to go somewhere else to use their shitty ass wifi...that's the definition of cheap ass ! lmao :p
live your life like a beer commericial
syankey1970

Post by syankey1970 »

justsomeguy wrote:now here's an idea....it's pretty messed up though but why don't you try to SUB :cry:!!! ahahahaha....at least until you get your shit figured out...it beats the hell outa having to go somewhere else to use their shitty ass wifi...that's the definition of cheap ass ! lmao :p

I agree...sub a 5101 for 20 a month for 6 months...and use that 6 months to figure out how to make your toys work in your security. If all you have up is a diagnostic modem I guarantee you that you will be without internet when you need it the most! Comcast is not a joke! so be prepared for a reading/cussing binge! I spent 3 hours today at a buddie's house and I couldn't get a 5100 up on CC no matter what i did! CC won today! Good for them!
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Yep, Mr. Yankee is right on the Mason-Dixon line with that one. I went and bought a 5101U for $59.99 and subscribed to Performance Internet for $19.99 a month and, as good a deal as that is, they still saw me coming. Before that, it was a Realtek 8188 CU WLAN with only one network to lock onto that was unencrypted. Average speed used to be 1 Mbps. Now, the 5101 peaks at 25 down and 4.5 up. Wouldn't give 'em the satisfaction of a monthly rental. I wouldn't give Xfinity the time of day off of a broken Timex. A bunch of thieving bastards !
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

justsomeguy wrote:now here's an idea....it's pretty messed up though but why don't you try to SUB :cry:!!! ahahahaha....at least until you get your shit figured out...it beats the hell outa having to go somewhere else to use their shitty ass wifi...that's the definition of cheap ass ! lmao :p
But he is not being Cheap, He buys there food while he's at it. LMFAO....
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

CAPONE wrote:But he is not being Cheap, He buys there food while he's at it. LMFAO....
AHAHAHA!!!

Cmon guys at least I am giving it a shot, unfortunately Comcrap is beating the $hit outta me. I hopefully will make a comeback soon I hope. And CAPONE, did you tell just about that other special place and how I gotta basically renovate?
I JTAGGED your mom.

CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

MrRogers wrote:AHAHAHA!!!

Cmon guys at least I am giving it a shot, unfortunately Comcrap is beating the $hit outta me. I hopefully will make a comeback soon I hope. And CAPONE, did you tell just about that other special place and how I gotta basically renovate?
What are you talking about? I think its time for your MED's Buddy. LOL I haven't said anything to anyone related to that subject.