ROKU Media Tv Box Testing

Anything you want to talk that is not fit in other forums. Do not spam. The threads might get deleted if not appropriate
joejoe332006

ROKU Media Tv Box Testing

Post by joejoe332006 »

Anyone Interested in Testing Roku Media Streaming Device, I will teach U how to get free Live Streaming TV Channels. Please Send me a Pm or reply back to this Thread.

tks
JoeGreen

roku

Post by JoeGreen »

Sounds good!
joejoe332006

Post by joejoe332006 »

Yea If U want more info, just PM me and I can explain more on how it works.

tks
coyote cojo

Post by coyote cojo »

What's up with your Jynxbox XBMC Universal man. Is it still working?
joejoe332006

Post by joejoe332006 »

I sold that Unit and bought the Roku, It's much better and more apps/channels for it and they are adding more and more to it all the time.
DeanOfTears

Post by DeanOfTears »

The Roku is nowhere near as functional as the FireTV... AND the firetv is a better box. Having more power matters to me because my son loves playing games on it.
joejoe332006

Post by joejoe332006 »

I am glad U are happy with the fire, but I don't play games. the Roku U can create your own Public/Private channels, I don't think U can do that with the fire. If U haven't purchased a Roku you shouldn't really judge something U have very little knowledge about.
DeanOfTears

Post by DeanOfTears »

You can do that through Plex (which you can sideload easily). I've had a Roku too and it is not the machine that the fire tv is but to each his own I suppose.
snakeoil

Post by snakeoil »

joejoe332006 wrote:I am glad U are happy with the fire, but I don't play games. the Roku U can create your own Public/Private channels, I don't think U can do that with the fire. If U haven't purchased a Roku you shouldn't really judge something U have very little knowledge about.
You can also create an app for your own/private channels for any of the Android and other boxes out there the one's I tried was Western Digital Live, ATV, M3, M6, I6, M8, T6, MX2 and Roku but I like the M8 quad core. Just compile your own XBMC for it and your good to go.:cool:
Prophecy is the most gratuitous form of error. Great ideas are the fuel of progress.
Wolfgang

Roku rocks

Post by Wolfgang »

I just bought my second Roku (this time it's a Roku 3). I have the original Roku for over 4 years and served me pretty good. Never failed, it's a work horse I might say. The new Roku 3 is faster and has a nice headphones connection over the remote control (very important to me) so I don't have to wake up my neighborhood with the subwoofer when I watch action movies, LOL. The variety of channels is unbelievable, from free to paid ones, just name it. My favorite channels are Netflix and Amazon Prime, relatively cheap subscription with additional benefits too.
Big thanks to joejoe332006 who let me try the Nimble TV. It is a live TV with a lot of channels but I guess the company has legal problems with copy rights. Some important channels like CNN are not available anymore. Anyway, the Roku 3 rocks!
joejoe332006

Post by joejoe332006 »

Wolfgang wrote:I just bought my second Roku (this time it's a Roku 3). I have the original Roku for over 4 years and served me pretty good. Never failed, it's a work horse I might say. The new Roku 3 is faster and has a nice headphones connection over the remote control (very important to me) so I don't have to wake up my neighborhood with the subwoofer when I watch action movies, LOL. The variety of channels is unbelievable, from free to paid ones, just name it. My favorite channels are Netflix and Amazon Prime, relatively cheap subscription with additional benefits too.
Big thanks to joejoe332006 who let me try the Nimble TV. It is a live TV with a lot of channels but I guess the company has legal problems with copy rights. Some important channels like CNN are not available anymore. Anyway, the Roku 3 rocks!
yea I noticed that they removed CNN, but they still have Fox News though.
Team Windowpane

Post by Team Windowpane »

nimbletv 10 channels and no credit carsd. is worth trrying
joejoe332006

Post by joejoe332006 »

Wolfgang wrote:I just bought my second Roku (this time it's a Roku 3). I have the original Roku for over 4 years and served me pretty good. Never failed, it's a work horse I might say. The new Roku 3 is faster and has a nice headphones connection over the remote control (very important to me) so I don't have to wake up my neighborhood with the subwoofer when I watch action movies, LOL. The variety of channels is unbelievable, from free to paid ones, just name it. My favorite channels are Netflix and Amazon Prime, relatively cheap subscription with additional benefits too.
Only reason CNN is not on the list anymore, because Dishnetwork lost that channel due to Turner Network.
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

joejoe332006 wrote:Only reason CNN is not on the list anymore, because Dishnetwork lost that channel due to Turner Network.
I believe Dishnetwork is going to lose a lot of their customers because of that. They have done that in the past with other networks due to fee dispute, I believe it's the same reason now. This is a huge gain for Comcast. People are addicted to CNN and this is a major loss for Dishnetwork.
joejoe332006

Post by joejoe332006 »

Wolfgang wrote:I believe Dishnetwork is going to lose a lot of their customers because of that. They have done that in the past with other networks due to fee dispute, I believe it's the same reason now. This is a huge gain for Comcast. People are addicted to CNN and this is a major loss for Dishnetwork.
Yea I even heard directv may even lose Cnn but so far they have it.