nube questions

Anything related to script should go here.
jayjohnson

nube questions

Post by jayjohnson »

I hope I am in the correct forum. I have been reading some of the threads and am very confused. I would like to modify a motorola DCT. I am going to buy a used one and need to know the model that is best to get as far as flashing or whatever.
1) do i need a certain board?
2) Do i have to do electrical mods, if yes what items will I need and what do i do exactly?
3) all this flashing stuff is really confusing, do I just down load some software get a cable and run the software? if yes what kind of chors do I need or how exactly do I accomplish this. Please keep in mind I don't know what all the different terms used in the forums
4) Is there a link for beginners just starting in dct digital testing? thanx
5) I read some forum thread from some site I don't remember that you just goto the diagnostic screen and change some code. what is this all about and is the easiest way.
6) I went to the shop and they had a bunch of stuff , how do I know what I need and what software is needed and is their a nube link guide or video?
Thank you:confused:
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

jayjohnson wrote:I hope I am in the correct forum. I have been reading some of the threads and am very confused. I would like to modify a motorola DCT. I am going to buy a used one and need to know the model that is best to get as far as flashing or whatever.
1) do i need a certain board?
2) Do i have to do electrical mods, if yes what items will I need and what do i do exactly?
3) all this flashing stuff is really confusing, do I just down load some software get a cable and run the software? if yes what kind of chors do I need or how exactly do I accomplish this. Please keep in mind I don't know what all the different terms used in the forums
4) Is there a link for beginners just starting in dct digital testing? thanx
5) I read some forum thread from some site I don't remember that you just goto the diagnostic screen and change some code. what is this all about and is the easiest way.
6) I went to the shop and they had a bunch of stuff , how do I know what I need and what software is needed and is their a nube link guide or video?
Thank you:confused:
Well the Short Answer Is READ And Continue to READ. Don't waite your Money Buying any Used DCT Untill You Fully Understand What CAN and CAN'T Be Done.

It's Clear from this Post That you Have No Clue. So READ And Inform yourself Before Makeing a Purchase of the Tools.

There only two tools
The USBJTAG NT and the USBBDM NT

The USBJTAG NT will work on most of the DCT Boxes, Modems, Routers & MORE.
The USBBDM Will work for the DCT2224 and DCT2244 Model Boxes Only As far as the Cable Boxes Go.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
jayjohnson

thanks for the info tundra -need some "spoon nube info",please

Post by jayjohnson »

I read in one of the threads that you need to use a box from the area you live in and enter code for that area. I have been reading a lot but what forum can I find a video on this site or others like Utube? I beg of you, please spoon feed me@! Some threads say the tools are a WASTE of money, some just explain. I will even pay for a video or step by step instructions. Do i need to use the stuff listed for different markets. Is a clone just a duplicate of a freinds subscribed box, or can you just get a test without using a clone. If you can't "spoon me" ,at least give me some hope that I don't need codes from a subscribed box, because I don't know any one. I tried a legit subscribed box from the south burbs of illinois in the northwest burbs and it did not work. Would it be easiest to just get the box again from my contact with an account and use tools to make it work in anougher part of illinois. I don't think this last question is a spoon feed, so at minimum pleasure me with the answer to this question, as it would help a lot of nubians with their "game" plans.;) Thanx tundra or FelipeFerras Post (that I cant find any videos ,just arguments. I have been reading a few hours so Im not a total toad. I currently test sat private servers but their is way to much freezing. I have the PPV's and premium channels, I just want basic channels like tru tv and spike . Are these considered basic? please don't ban me. Oh yea, for the record I have had dcts set up by office workers but they cost like $300 to $400 and they go down if you try to use a ppv channel. I moved to a different burb and these don't work, now.
RIP_Felipeferras

stop posting on the wrong areas of the forum

Post by RIP_Felipeferras »

hey my friend will be easier for everyone to see you're post's if you place them on the right area, so please help us help you an ask you're questions but in the right threads cause this space is for script discussion and stop calling the post Nube question is getting annoying
٩(●̮̮̃•)۶=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ᴼ•ₒ ○ ˚ͦ ◦•ᵒ ºᴼ•ₒ no andaba muerto andaba de parranda ₒ•ᴼ۝
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

jayjohnson wrote:I read in one of the threads that you need to use a box from the area you live in and enter code for that area. I have been reading a lot but what forum can I find a video on this site or others like Utube? I beg of you, please spoon feed me@! Some threads say the tools are a WASTE of money, some just explain. I will even pay for a video or step by step instructions. Do i need to use the stuff listed for different markets. Is a clone just a duplicate of a freinds subscribed box, or can you just get a test without using a clone. If you can't "spoon me" ,at least give me some hope that I don't need codes from a subscribed box, because I don't know any one. I tried a legit subscribed box from the south burbs of illinois in the northwest burbs and it did not work. Would it be easiest to just get the box again from my contact with an account and use tools to make it work in anougher part of illinois. I don't think this last question is a spoon feed, so at minimum pleasure me with the answer to this question, as it would help a lot of nubians with their "game" plans.;) Thanx tundra or FelipeFerras Post (that I cant find any videos ,just arguments. I have been reading a few hours so Im not a total toad. I currently test sat private servers but their is way to much freezing. I have the PPV's and premium channels, I just want basic channels like tru tv and spike . Are these considered basic? please don't ban me. Oh yea, for the record I have had dcts set up by office workers but they cost like $300 to $400 and they go down if you try to use a ppv channel. I moved to a different burb and these don't work, now.
The tools are NOT a WAISTE Of $$$$$$$$$$$$ Unlees your Not willing to Do your Own Research. We don't do the SPOON FEED THING HERE. No Hobby DOES. You Have to be willing to take the Time to Read and Follow Instructions. Thats How We all Learned, Most of Us ANYWAY. Now If you Get Stuck We will be more THAN GLAD TO HELP.
First thing you Need to do Is become familiar with the Site And where things are Located.
A good Place to start is Located to the Left of your Screen. Lots of very Usefull Info there Like picture on How to connect Tool to Target and Commands to Use and Even Some Helpfull Videos. Whom Ever told you the Tools Are Uselees Must Be a LAZY FREELOADER, Not willing to take the time to test and learn. I HOPE THATS NOT YOUR CASE. ;)
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

jayjohnson wrote:I read in one of the threads that you need to use a box from the area you live in and enter code for that area. I have been reading a lot but what forum can I find a video on this site or others like Utube? I beg of you, please spoon feed me@! Some threads say the tools are a WASTE of money, some just explain. I will even pay for a video or step by step instructions. Do i need to use the stuff listed for different markets. Is a clone just a duplicate of a freinds subscribed box, or can you just get a test without using a clone. If you can't "spoon me" ,at least give me some hope that I don't need codes from a subscribed box, because I don't know any one. I tried a legit subscribed box from the south burbs of illinois in the northwest burbs and it did not work. Would it be easiest to just get the box again from my contact with an account and use tools to make it work in anougher part of illinois. I don't think this last question is a spoon feed, so at minimum pleasure me with the answer to this question, as it would help a lot of nubians with their "game" plans.;) Thanx tundra or FelipeFerras Post (that I cant find any videos ,just arguments. I have been reading a few hours so Im not a total toad. I currently test sat private servers but their is way to much freezing. I have the PPV's and premium channels, I just want basic channels like tru tv and spike . Are these considered basic? please don't ban me. Oh yea, for the record I have had dcts set up by office workers but they cost like $300 to $400 and they go down if you try to use a ppv channel. I moved to a different burb and these don't work, now.
buddy you really need to spend a hell of a lot more then just a couple hours reading if you wanna join this hobby, and by reading the questions your asking it shows that you've barley even read anything !!! and by comming here and starting off asking to be spoon fed show's that your not wanting to learn and are just a freeloader !

before you start asking people to do everything for you figure out what box your going to test then order the approiate tool and while your waiting for it to arrive read read and read some more. ask questions if you don't understandsomething. but basically just read until you get your tool..once it arrives you should be somewhat ready to try to use it.

but do us all a favor and STOP with the stupid spoonfeeding pleads !!!sounds like your just into this to TOS! and if that's the case your in the wrong place buddy boy!!!
live your life like a beer commericial
jayjohnson

thank you for the wake up call

Post by jayjohnson »

You people are absolutly correct. I am a lazy guy that is way to tweaked up. Thank you for the wake up call. I got frustrated when using the search tool. I was trying to get threads about the wires that you attach to the board and today saw the thread right in front of me called "shopping" . I did'nt mean to annoy anyone ,sorry. I am a total "dip!" :(