MR33 - Possibly bricked due to different NAND

This forum discuss about how to JTAG different devices.
username1

MR33 - Possibly bricked due to different NAND

Post by username1 »

Hello,

I have 2 - MR33 APs that I believe are using different NAND Flash than what the ubi & uboot here are meant for. I believe that the ubi and uboot are meant for the S34ML01G2 flash, but when I detect the chip on my devices, they both come up as:
Found Address= 00000000 OFNI MX30LF1G18AC
I tried flashing the ubi and uboot, but I believe that my devices are now bricked.I had created backups, and have tried to restore the backups, but they still appear to be bricked even after a restore. I'm not sure how I can get past this.
usbbdm

Re: MR33 - Possibly bricked due to different NAND

Post by usbbdm »

I can try to help you out remotely via zoom.
username1

Post by username1 »

PM sent. Thanks!

Post by Guest »

To close the loop here, the backups that I had originally created were corrupt, so I could not properly restore the stock images to the devices in order to re-attempt flashing OpenWRT.

usbbdm provided a stock backup of the MR33, which I was able to use to successfully restore to my 2 - MR33 APs. I was then able to flash the OpenWRT uboot and ubi images. This process took a couple of tries before it completed successfully due to issues with the connection.

One of the concerns about restoring the stock backup was the possibility of the the MAC address also copying over from the image since that image was based on a backup of a live device. This was not my experience though, as I was able verify the correct unique MAC addresses on both APs once I flashed the OpenWRT files.
username1

Post by username1 »

To close the loop here, the backups that I had originally created were corrupt, so I could not properly restore the stock images to the devices in order to re-attempt flashing OpenWRT.

usbbdm provided a stock backup of the MR33, which I was able to use to successfully restore to my 2 - MR33 APs. I was then able to flash the OpenWRT uboot and ubi images. This process took a couple of tries before it completed successfully due to issues with the connection.

One of the concerns about restoring the stock backup was the possibility of the the MAC address also copying over from the image since that image was based on a backup of a live device. This was not my experience though, as I was able verify the correct unique MAC addresses on both APs once I flashed the OpenWRT files.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Glad everything turn out good.