need help updating keys on dct700

This forum discuss about how to JTAG different devices.
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

That is quite peculiar then... I assume that if you leave it plugged in for a month it will get hit.
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

WE ARE ANONYMOUS, EXPECT US.

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.
moddog

Post by moddog »

If it get hit i will sure to let you guys know.
Good better best
Wolfgang

It was not about key changes in my area

Post by Wolfgang »

macgyver12 wrote:Why do people insist on thinking Comcast has 'found a way', as if they magically discovered something new....
Because something new happened that never happened before and it is not a key change. The boxes that were not connected at the time or/and were hardware protected did not suffer anything and they work just fine, they did not need any new keys. No one said that UID will protect the box from key change, it has nothing to do with it. UID is just a Unit Address spoofing so the box will not receive a kill hit from the headend when it's on the black list, that's it. Unfortunately that is not enough because it doesn't work anymore in some areas.
I am not so advanced to read and write the XC chip but I know what I am talking about. Certainly, a protected box will not do a key update since that process goes through the OOB tuner which was obviously somehow disabled to prevent the kill hit. I hope I was clear enough.
macgyver12

Post by macgyver12 »

you people are killing me here. read more about the uid process. has nothing to do with hiding from a 'kill list'

it's a mismatch of information in comparison to whats stored, essentially preventing write access to xc.

as for moddog. if you survived 4 years without a key change I would suspect you have a lot longer than a month for your remaining package key. there is a tool that will be able to tell if one or both keys on box are valid or invalid.

you people are seriously thinking waayyyyy to hard. this information is plastered and documented all over the web and this site. I'm not trying to be a dick laying this out. just trying to prevent some from wasting there time. the god damn answers are out there, why people don't get it, don't understand it, or don't believe it is beyond me.
macgyver12

Post by macgyver12 »

I'm going to say it one more time, if you don't get it, search.

THERE ARE TWO KEYS PER PACKAGE. TWO KEYS PER PACKAGE. TWO KEYS. TWO. TWO KEYS. SET OF KEYS. TWO. TWO PER PACKAGE. ITS A CYCLE.
Wolfgang

We are talking about the same, what is your argument?

Post by Wolfgang »

macgyver12 wrote: it's a mismatch of information in comparison to whats stored, essentially preventing write access to xc....
By hiding your real 16 digit Unit Address stored in the XC chip and copying a spoffed fake UA aka UID into the NVRAM your box doesn't take hits from the caco. The first 3 digits must be always 000 and the last 3 digits are not changed either so what is this about if it is not hiding from the black list of boxes that need to bi DEAUTHORIZED? What is this if it is not a mismatch of info?
macgyver12

Post by macgyver12 »

you're absolutely right, I'm aware of how it works. I'm just not 100% sure you are aware of the grand scheme of the way the entire system works, hence your remarks justifying this 'new security' crap you all seem to believe.

if you understood what's really going on you would realize the answer is in the original problem and questioned asked. it's NOT rocket science here. I'm just baffled there are people who just still don't get it by now.

the answer is key change. period. just because you box was unplugged or modded or hard modded or soft modded or think outside the box modded it doesn't change the fact that comcast cycles keys and now one or both of your keys are invalid.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Interesting. For the longest time, there was very little discussion and learning being posted on the topic of Keys. I remember when it happened to me (April 1) that I was obsessed with finding an answer . Our Admin has very little interest in this issue because it doesn't apply to reprogramming. The Inner Circle looks at this matter with casual disinterest. The complexity of DES Video Encryption Keys is beyond words. We need more intelligent direction on this subject. It's one of the few spots where the Provider has us by our collective Stones.
moddog

Post by moddog »

xc chip j201
j201

1- +3.3V
2_ Ground
3_ Data
4_ Sync
5_ CLK
6_ CLK 27 Mhz
The tool you guys talk about will not help me, because it is not Compatible with the DCT700 since that is the only box i test now
Good better best
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

macgyver12 wrote:you're absolutely right, I'm aware of how it works. I'm just not 100% sure you are aware of the grand scheme of the way the entire system works, hence your remarks justifying this 'new security' crap you all seem to believe. ....
I guess you are right after all. I am aware of the existance of the two sets of keys, I just couldn't believe that the change happened only to the boxes that were online.
Wolfgang

Security Chip for DCT700

Post by Wolfgang »

moddog wrote:
The tool you guys talk about will not help me, because it is not Compatible with the DCT700 since that is the only box i test now
There are two versions of the XC chip for DCT700, a small and a large chip package U900 and U901. Which one do you have? I can help you with the pinout of any of them if that will do any good for you.
moddog

Post by moddog »

The U901 is the small one and the other is the big one, can send both tho,but what good its going to make when the NT cant write to it since its the only tool i have, i hope some one could shot me a PM if there is another tool.
Good better best
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

moddog wrote:The U901 is the small one and the other is the big one, can send both tho,but what good its going to make when the NT cant write to it since its the only tool i have, i hope some one could shot me a PM if there is another tool.
I thought you've got some tool other than NT. I don't know what did you have in mind in your previous post. I will post the pinouts for both later on today if that helps somehow ....
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

Here is the pinout for the U901:
It seems to me it has some JTAG connections too. Who knows maybe it's JTAG-able as it is a kind of a CPU with it's own memory.
pussybills

Post by pussybills »

Thank you for providing this!