24c256/512/1024

Here we discuss the JTAG on platforms. CPU,CPLD etc.
Koevoet

24c256/512/1024

Post by Koevoet »

In the images below is the setup for the following eeproms , these are only rough for now , the reason i am posting this is so people can see how these eeproms are connected when not done In Situe . Please note this was done for testing purposes to improve the NT software , as soon as i have time i will make a proper lead and give a more detailed tutorial on the specifics.

Regards
Bad_Ad84

Post by Bad_Ad84 »

yeah i already made an adapter like this, i used some vero and my "proper" programmers adapter to rig something up.

what did you use for power? i had to rig up an external power source.

edit:

here are some pics of mine (yes, i know iphone camera sucks)

Koevoet

Post by Koevoet »

Nice setup you made there , i kind of abandoned this project as it seemed there was no interest in the Eeproms. But to answer your question , i too used an external power source , i contemplated using the power on the NT itself but figured i would end up doing more harm than good that way.

Regards
Bad_Ad84

Post by Bad_Ad84 »

thats a shame, i use my rig above all the time...

its extremely fast compared to my usb universal programmer.
Koevoet

Post by Koevoet »

The speeds are amazing compared to the normal programmers . The problem with most things, are people in forums tend not to be willing to contribute , all they want to do is leech , so in waiting for people to come up with ideas on how to make a useful adapter etc, went down the pan , as it seemed as if i was the only person that was using it for programming Eeproms. Good to see you are making use out of it , by designing your own setup.

Regards
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

The speed for EEPROM is not optimized compare to other targets. I know for some larget EEPROM the speed can be important. I do not have a lot of target to test and at the time of development rely on Koevoet to test.

I think for larget EEPROM the speed can be 10 times faster because large EEPROM allow faster clock. The current code uses the same slow clock for all the EEPROMs.
Bad_Ad84

Post by Bad_Ad84 »

i intend to improve the design and make a proper pcb for it, when i get around to it ill post it up here.
ilavu

Post by ilavu »

If you can not contribute to this site than get out of here.....You MF.
moddog

Post by moddog »

Take your ad to Ebay!!
Good better best
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

ilavu wrote:If you can not contribute to this site than get out of here.....You MF.
moddog wrote:Take your ad to Ebay!!
Guys Don't let his post count fool you. Hes a very knowledgeable Person and Admin ot another Forum. Seams to Me He is Only Pointing out Yet another Good Use for the USBJTAG NT. While I use a Simple Serial Programmer to read and write to EEPROM's Its good to Know the USBJTAG NT Can Also Handle the Task.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
moddog

Post by moddog »

TUNDRA wrote:Guys Don't let his post count fool you. Hes a very knowledgeable Person and Admin ot another Forum. Seams to Me He is Only Pointing out Yet another Good Use for the USBJTAG NT. While I use a Simple Serial Programmer to read and write to EEPROM's Its good to Know the USBJTAG NT Can Also Handle the Task.
Tundra did you see the ads to day, a guy post a old lot of ad but admin move them (not eeprom) lol:D
Good better best
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

moddog wrote:Tundra did you see the ads to day, a guy post a old lot of ad but admin move them (not eeprom) lol:D
Oh. OK

No I didn't see them. I hate them AssHoles. I will Usualy Ask them to Atleast Post Nude Pictures of there Mother ( If MILF ) Or Girlfriends NUDE. LOL
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."