please help! possible to reset printer toner chip?

Here we discuss the JTAG on platforms. CPU,CPLD etc.
tenson

Post by tenson »

i know 6&7 pins are bridged. Look at other side of the interface...... actually make this from your Diagram..... the 4th wire is the 5v from USB or the power supply..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

tenson wrote:i know 6&7 pins are bridged. Look at other side of the interface...... actually make this from your Diagram..... the 4th wire is the 5v from USB or the power supply..
That 4th Wire Does not go in Circuit.
From the Tool You should Have Only 3 Wires. Your friend should be able to figure that out from the Diagram. You Must externally power the eeprom to read and write. Thats why The eeprom stays in Circuit. With the Dish Recievers I would Plug in IRD (this would provide power to EEPROM )then with Pony Prog read the EEPROM to extract the Passwords.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
slugworth

4k7

Post by slugworth »

TUNDRA wrote:instead of using 4 1K resistors
4k7 is the euro way of saying 4.7k,which is a standard size so there was never any need to try to make a "4k" resistor by putting 4 1k in series.
I always used the parallel interface,which was 2 (100 ohm resistors) and 2(1n914 diodes)
You must know the eeprom chip type,I couldn't tell from the pic.
It may be a custom chip like epson uses,which is actually just a timer.
There was a russian program for the epson chips for quite a few years now.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

slugworth wrote:4k7 is the euro way of saying 4.7k,which is a standard size so there was never any need to try to make a "4k" resistor by putting 4 1k in series.
I always used the parallel interface,which was 2 (100 ohm resistors) and 2(1n914 diodes)
You must know the eeprom chip type,I couldn't tell from the pic.
It may be a custom chip like epson uses,which is actually just a timer.
There was a russian program for the epson chips for quite a few years now.
The Diagram calls for 4k Not 4.7K. Instread I use 2 3.9K. Close enough to do the Job and Works Flawless.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
tenson

Post by tenson »

:-?i got the idea from this image...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

tenson wrote::-?i got the idea from this image...
Looks Like that should work.