Program Flash

USB BDM software. Bug report.
DVDman

Program Flash

Post by DVDman »

Need a little help. I have two GI DCT 2224/1161/ACDEGJ Boxes. They both have CR4 boards. The first box has all the channels and I think I will be able to order PPV. The second one did not have any of the digital channels. I backed up both of the boxes and then copyed the NVRAM of the first one to the second one. Now On the first box I get all channels but not the premium. No HBO or Showtime. The second box I get all the Premiums but no digitals premium no Stars Encore and it says not autorized on the payperview channels. I think I need to update the firmware of the second box but when I tried to program the flash it asked to select proper flash type. I don't know which one to choose??? Also is there a way that I can combined the NVRAM so that I can add the Premium channels from the second box to the first box. Need some help with this one.
twistedps

Post by twistedps »

from what ive heard you cant enable premium channels unless the box had them before... im also getting the not authorized messages, but on channels like tbs, and mtv, which i thoughti sshould get.
DVDman

Post by DVDman »

I'm going to try to update the firmware to see if that help. When I program flash it ask to select proper flash type. Do you know which one I should choose for the CR4.
patsfan

Post by patsfan »

updating the firmware will not get you any other channels. it probably won't do anything at all for you. the nvram contains the channel map. if the xc420061 chip was not previously authorised for those premium channels then you won't get them. doesn't matter which nvram/firmware you put on it.

as for flash type: read the chip on the board and match it up. you might have to filp your firmware to write it. this has been posted elswhere on the forum. good luck