QIP Receiver

USB BDM software. Bug report.
minipower

QIP Receiver

Post by minipower »

Hello

I am currently on Verizon Fios, Is it possible to test these QIP receivers, "" filter testing, fake UID, or hardware mods "".

A big problem is that Verizon will not activate boxes from Ebay, yard sales, etcetera. They make you rent the receivers from them. Due to a deal with Verizon, Motorola will not sale the receivers to the public, if Motorola would, Verizon would have to activate the receivers with out renting them.

A big plus would be able to change the GI numbers, But that would mean write access to the XC chip. I have gathered through possible hints that the XC chip can be accessed with ISP programmer and software. I would love to be pointed in the write direction To find out more about this, I have no problem reading forums or hitting IRC to acquire more knowledge. Hell even hints to the right direction.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

minipower wrote:Hello

I am currently on Verizon Fios, Is it possible to test these QIP receivers, "" filter testing, fake UID, or hardware mods "".

A big problem is that Verizon will not activate boxes from Ebay, yard sales, etcetera. They make you rent the receivers from them. Due to a deal with Verizon, Motorola will not sale the receivers to the public, if Motorola would, Verizon would have to activate the receivers with out renting them.

A big plus would be able to change the GI numbers, But that would mean write access to the XC chip. I have gathered through possible hints that the XC chip can be accessed with ISP programmer and software. I would love to be pointed in the write direction To find out more about this, I have no problem reading forums or hitting IRC to acquire more knowledge. Hell even hints to the right direction.
The Verizon Boxes I have seen are the DCT2500 Series and Yes We can do Same MOD's to Them.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
UserName

Post by UserName »

THOSE ARE THE BOXES? 2500? then why they say they have more speed bandwidth etc? obviously is same 1ghz
do not believe what i say 10% its true :confused:
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

UserName wrote:THOSE ARE THE BOXES? 2500? then why they say they have more speed bandwidth etc? obviously is same 1ghz
Not sure What He HAs,However Here thats the Only Model I have seen Verizon Use.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."