Difference Between USBBDM and USBBDM NT

USB BDM software. Bug report.
krunkcraig

Difference Between USBBDM and USBBDM NT

Post by krunkcraig »

What is the main difference between USBBDM and USBBDM NT? Can anyone honestly compare the two? I should be able to do the same thing with my USBBDM original that I could do with the current NT version right? if I were to buy an NT version of the current device would you suggest I buy a USBJTAG NT (for my other devices that support JTAG) instead of spending 60$ dollars to basically buy the new NT BDM or keep the original BDM? Thank you in advance.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

krunkcraig wrote:What is the main difference between USBBDM and USBBDM NT? Can anyone honestly compare the two? I should be able to do the same thing with my USBBDM original that I could do with the current NT version right? if I were to buy an NT version of the current device would you suggest I buy a USBJTAG NT (for my other devices that support JTAG) instead of spending 60$ dollars to basically buy the new NT BDM or keep the original BDM? Thank you in advance.
You do not need to get BDM NT if you are happy with the current BDM.
Only if you try to access other MC68331 CPU which needs lower BDM speed then you need BDM NT. BDM cannot adjust clock speed. (hardware limitation).

The reason the USBJTAG stop get support from newer software is it was cloned.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

krunkcraig wrote:What is the main difference between USBBDM and USBBDM NT? Can anyone honestly compare the two? I should be able to do the same thing with my USBBDM original that I could do with the current NT version right? if I were to buy an NT version of the current device would you suggest I buy a USBJTAG NT (for my other devices that support JTAG) instead of spending 60$ dollars to basically buy the new NT BDM or keep the original BDM? Thank you in advance.
you can do ALOT more testing with the new tools. but it really depends on WHAT you are testing i suppose. like usbbdm said if you are happy with the old version and it works for what you want it to do then it's up to you. but i honestly recommend getting the updated version. the support is fantastic!! the price is awesome!!! and the capabilities get better and better!!!
live your life like a beer commericial
krunkcraig

Post by krunkcraig »

usbbdm wrote:You do not need to get BDM NT if you are happy with the current BDM.
Only if you try to access other MC68331 CPU which needs lower BDM speed then you need BDM NT. BDM cannot adjust clock speed. (hardware limitation).

The reason the USBJTAG stop get support from newer software is it was cloned.
That makes me sad, not because it was cloned but because I can no longer receive benefits from new updates. Wish you had a trade in discount for honest members who buy your product.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

krunkcraig wrote:That makes me sad, not because it was cloned but because I can no longer receive benefits from new updates. Wish you had a trade in discount for honest members who buy your product.
i'm sure you have more then gotten your money's worth from the original jtag, time to upgrade and i guarantee that you will also get your money's worth from the new one, besides it ain't that much money and what you say in costs from modding one box will more then pay for the tool...so please don't be cheap about it since it's already cheap enough

live your life like a beer commericial
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

krunkcraig wrote:That makes me sad, not because it was cloned but because I can no longer receive benefits from new updates. Wish you had a trade in discount for honest members who buy your product.
DUDE YOU NEED TO READ. No More support for USBJTAG Not for USBBDM.

USBJTAG was cloned So no more support. Only support is for USBJTAG NT.

So Far I have never seen USBBDM say He no Longer supports the USBBDM.