Can't write to DSR-920

USB BDM software. Bug report.
jspan

Post by jspan »

Thanks, Merkin. It's really great when someone tries to help you out. Thanks for sending those files. But, all is well. For some reason, the thing decided to start working last night. I've got the new maps all loaded in and everything is working. When I first read the nvram and then merged it with the new maps using mapmaster and wrote it back to the receiver, I thought something went terribly wrong. When I pressed the "sat" button, there were no satellites showing. So I wrote the original nvram back to the receiver and it worked just like normal. So at least I knew that I was reading and writing to the receiver. So I repeated the read/write procedure and same thing. No satellites. But this time I went to program satellites and they were all there. No where in any instructions that I have found does it say that you have to reprogram all of your satellites back into the receiver. And I am still getting the error when I "flshdct". But it reads and writes to the receiver and that's what's important. Thanks again for responding to my help request!
merkin

Post by merkin »

So updated maps are only stored in SRAM, no need to read or write to flash let alone detect it. :)

You will continue to receive the flshdct error until following two criteria are met:
1. Add the flash to the flash.xml file (I already did this, you can confirm the flash is the dsr-920 is in fact AMD 29F160D. If not tell me what it is and I will add it.)

2. Discover the flash window(usbbdm says he thinks it is 0, but the flash ID does not match, maybe usbbdm will explain)

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=us

Look at the link above. The SRAM location was 800000-83FFFF, but TDSR9XX has location of FF800000-FF83FFFF.

It also says flash memory is located at 0-1FFFFF, perhaps flash offset had changed since 4play was developed, just like SRAM offset. Motorola probably changed the offsets with a firmware upgrade. This is precisely why I would also make a backup of the flash also. Never know what Motorola is capable of doing to your receiver. It is just a matter of finding the correct flash offset window.
jspan

Post by jspan »

Ok, so you sent me a TDSR zip file. I know where to put those 2 files. But you also sent me a flash zip file. I'm not quite sure where that needs to go.
merkin

Post by merkin »

jspan wrote:I'm not quite sure where that needs to go.
Same location as the other two.

Wonder why the map guys do not make flash backups?...Wish I could help, but only have DSR-4800.
eprom

Post by eprom »

Sorry for hijacking this post but what is the command to erase / write back the new 920 nvram.bin file thanks for any reply...btw this is my first test with 4dtv 920 and USB BDM NT because I always use USBJTAGNT....
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

The command should be similar to any other DCT boxes.
Please type help to get available commands.
To avoid using commands, the icon on tool bar should be sufficient.
eprom

Post by eprom »

usbbdm wrote:The command should be similar to any other DCT boxes.
Please type help to get available commands.
To avoid using commands, the icon on tool bar should be sufficient.
Thank you very much.....