lost basic local channels

Test on DCT 2224/2244 using USB BDM.
d0

lost basic local channels

Post by d0 »

i lost the basic channels 1-23 including all local news channels. I have 3 DCT2000s and the channels went out on all 3 boxes. I tried programming a new NVRAM and CODE and unplugging the box. The screen says Ref code: s0a00 on those channels.
jatucker

Post by jatucker »

That ref code means the the box is not receiving any signal on the frequency which that channel is tuned to. For example if you tune your cable box to channel 20 and go into the diagnostic screen. Then look under 03 for In Band status you will see the Tuned Freq at the bottom. You should also see the SNR as Poor. This is telling you that there is no signal on that frequency.

Are you sure you have a correct and current nvram? The channels tuning data is all in the nvram. Maybe those used to be analog channels which have now been changed to digital and are on a new frequency. It's also possible that the cc has an outage which is only effecting some channels, you could maybe ask a neighbor or friend nearby if they are having the same problem.
d0

Post by d0 »

turned out one of my 3 boxs still had the channels so that box probably had channel and application updates disabled. i just copied the nvram from that box and programmed to the one missing channels and the channels came back.