No sound after programming dct2224?

Test on DCT 2224/2244 using USB BDM.
bucckevin

No sound after programming dct2224?

Post by bucckevin »

I have a dct2224 from a couple cities over. It is auth for the channels here but the channel map on the nvram is different. I loaded a valid nvram from my area and the channels showed up with sound and it received all the firmware updates and guides. I tried to program it to block auth and also to be able to remotely change uid/upm but after programming, the sound does not work. The only way I can get sound back is to reload the original nvram and firmware, and then load the valid nvram for it to update again.

What can I do to fix this? It works fine if I leave it alone unprogrammed but I'm afraid it will lose channels over time.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Try only lod the NVRAM of the first 0xc000.
Command
setram 200000 c000
And see if it helps. The sound is the setting of the box I belive and the NVRAM you copy from does not match your current box.
bucckevin

Post by bucckevin »

Thanks. I'll give that a try when I get home. I am copying nvram from different revisions, maybe that could be an issue. Valid PH8 -> CR4.

valid PH8 NVRAM & 8.16 firmware -> CR4 = No sound, good picture, and guide.

valid PH8 NVRAM & original CR4 firmware -> CR4 = sound, good picture, factory default firmware, but takes cc upgrades.

Once updates are done, box receives premium channels with sound and guide.

Firmware testing after update = no sound.

Reload NVRAM = still no sound
Reload Core = still no sound.
UserName

Post by UserName »

go to menu sound option and put optimal sound.,,,,,, if u have a mest up board, you need to conect cable or av one of them will give you sound.
do not believe what i say 10% its true :confused:
bucckevin

Post by bucckevin »

ok I take everything back. it seems like I lose sound if I reset after a platform update. just like usbdm said, nvram sound setting is not correct since the nvram source is different. sound works from the rf port, not the rca. I tried setram 200000 c000 but that didn't work.
bucckevin

Post by bucckevin »

UserName wrote:go to menu sound option and put optimal sound.,,,,,, if u have a mest up board, you need to conect cable or av one of them will give you sound.

Thanks. I tried it a little before your post and was happy until I saw the picture quality degraded a little. I guess I can't be too picky, it's not even hd.
UserName

Post by UserName »

is no the nvram. is something else i cant get into it i had one box the same..... its a different board
bucckevin

Post by bucckevin »

ya I think I'm goiing to have to find a fix for this. catv cable is producing fuzzy double images, kind of annoying.

usbbdm, do you have any other suggestions?
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

bucckevin wrote:ya I think I'm goiing to have to find a fix for this. catv cable is producing fuzzy double images, kind of annoying.

usbbdm, do you have any other suggestions?

Find a Good BackUp. I had one do the Same and I programmed a different BackUp and Sound Came Back.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
UserName

Post by UserName »

he cant box will lose channels you cant use fake uid on that board unles you find a old firm 787 or something new firmware is mest up the board is different and tvguide is a different model.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

UserName wrote:he cant box will lose channels you cant use fake uid on that board unles you find a old firm 787 or something new firmware is mest up the board is different and tvguide is a different model.
you can't use fake uid on a cr4??? i can over here !!! i think the main problem here is that your trying to use a ph8 in a cr4 ! i've played lots with switching different ph's..and switching a ph8 into a cr4 kinda works but have always run into different problems...best thing to try to do is find another cr4 and use that back up and that should clear things right up..

if you have an old nonph board ive found that one will also work in a cr4 so maybe try that if you can..i've always had the best results with nonph and cr4 combinations..other then that i've never found that many that work when switching between different ph's..but just faking a uid should not have any effect on the sound or how the box runs...that seems pretty wierd to me...
UserName

Post by UserName »

mine was say ph7 but different layout.