Dct 2224

Test on DCT 2224/2244 using USB BDM.
pasor

Dct 2224

Post by pasor »

I have a dct2224 it had the UID already changed, i tried to correct the time and put the remote access so i can change with remote , when i try to write the code it will not write correctly to the box, i tried flip the firmware then do the firmware it will said no support, than when i do firmware and flip or don't flip it will not write correct. When I checked the diagnostic screen it looks different than usually it only goes 1 to 12 big letter and numbers.
zdavid408

Post by zdavid408 »

pasor wrote:I have a dct2224 it had the UID already changed, i tried to correct the time and put the remote address on it, now the box does change the channel, also it will not write the remote address to the box, i tried flip the firmware still will not write correctly. On the remote screen it one goes to number 12 with big letter on the screen, any inf will be appreciated.
I have no clue on what your saying:confused::confused:. Please re-word your problem. Anyone???:confused::confused:
pasor

Post by pasor »

zdavid408 wrote:I have no clue on what your saying:confused::confused:. Please re-word your problem. Anyone???:confused::confused:
Hope i satisfied u now......................
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

what ph is the box? if the box says no support then you have to flip the firmware, if it doesn't give you that error then you don't need to flip it. what exactly is the problem during writing the code that your having? is your backup good? you said the box was already programmed before you got it..did the person give you the backup's? or did you make your own backup when you got the box?
live your life like a beer commericial
pasor

Post by pasor »

justsomeguy wrote:what ph is the box? if the box says no support then you have to flip the firmware, if it doesn't give you that error then you don't need to flip it. what exactly is the problem during writing the code that your having? is your backup good? you said the box was already programmed before you got it..did the person give you the backup's? or did you make your own backup when you got the box?
It's ph6, I do have a back up, when I opened the code to flip it says no support and than when I do without flip it writes but when I go to the diagnostic screen the screen looks different black with large letters and no remote space to change the UID.
popeye54k

Post by popeye54k »

pasor wrote:It's ph6, I do have a back up, when I opened the code to flip it says no support and than when I do without flip it writes but when I go to the diagnostic screen the screen looks different black with large letters and no remote space to change the UID.
Sounds like either your code or nvram are too old. At least that was happening to me with one of my PH6 boxes. What firmware does it show after you program your box?
snakeoil

Post by snakeoil »

Did you check to see if it is PH6 type 1 or 2. From what I read you might have to do the following.
"hardware watch dog must be disabled. One easy way is to lift the capacitor of C105".
pasor

Post by pasor »

snakeoil wrote:Did you check to see if it was a PH6 type 1 or 2. From what I read you might have to: "hardware watch dog must be disabled. One easy way is to lift the capacitor of C105".
It's a ph6 and the capacitor has been removed, also this box was done before, don't know why is acting like this.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

what version of usbjtag are you using? if it writes the code without getting an error then don't bother flipping the firmware.
also you never answered the question when someone asked what firmware version shows up in the occult. like was already said black occult menu lots of times means older firmware. so depending on how long this box has been tested for maybe it needs an update
pasor

Post by pasor »

justsomeguy wrote:what version of usbjtag are you using? if it writes the code without getting an error then don't bother flipping the firmware.
also you never answered the question when someone asked what firmware version shows up in the occult. like was already said black occult menu lots of times means older firmware. so depending on how long this box has been tested for maybe it needs an update
I am using 45B, also this box was up running, the only thing I want to do is change the time and also apply the remote uid feature to the box, i notice when code is writing the debug at bottom is the off status.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

You were asked 3 times what the FIRMWARE VERSION is in the occult menu after you write...don't worry about the debug off thats normal
pasor

Post by pasor »

justsomeguy wrote:You were asked 3 times what the FIRMWARE VERSION is in the occult menu after you write...don't worry about the debug off thats normal
It said 05.88-01, also the diagnostics goes only to number 12.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

pasor wrote:It said 05.88-01, also the diagnostics goes only to number 12.
you need to get updated firmware. your backups are probably pretty old. so you need to update the firmware or get a new backup of updated firmware. that's your problem. what's # 12 on the menu ? don't know what feature that is off the top of my head. but you deffently need to get updated firmware. if you have a sub then let it update. do a search of the forums . the info is out there on how to update and when to pull the box out of the stream so it don't get desub'd.
pasor

Post by pasor »

justsomeguy wrote:you need to get updated firmware. your backups are probably pretty old. so you need to update the firmware or get a new backup of updated firmware. that's your problem. what's # 12 on the menu ? don't know what feature that is off the top of my head. but you deffently need to get updated firmware. if you have a sub then let it update. do a search of the forums . the info is out there on how to update and when to pull the box out of the stream so it don't get desub'd.
Problem resolved, no need to update the firmware what I did is wrote the code and than the nvram after and I am good now, thank-you for u help.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

pasor wrote:Problem resolved, no need to update the firmware what I did is wrote the code and than the nvram after and I am good now, thank-you for u help.
LMAO... nice to see you got it figured out