just getting started w bdmnt

Test on DCT 2224/2244 using USB BDM.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

racerx007 wrote:I replaced 2 of the 3 both of the thru hole soldered xtals .the smt xtal feeds directly to the microprocessor and I need a better soldering iron to try that one.but I thought I would update this post.
LOL then there the Wrong ones. The one that is surf Mounted is the One I was talking about.
racerx007

thanks

Post by racerx007 »

It figures that would be the one huh I'm going to have to go to the rat shack and get me a new iron .I managed to unsolder that one from my junker box
but it was really hard for me to get it loose with my old iron and I do not want to kill it trying to get it off with my old sh@t iron.

But thanks for the reply I'll post back after I get it changed with the outcome.
racerx007

waste of time

Post by racerx007 »

It figures when you got $5 to your name and you go spent 4 of it for a new soldering iron tip it's a no go.I just put in the smt xtal hooked back up no dice still got the fragmenting picture.I might try some resoldering later but it's the corner table for this one for now.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

racerx007 wrote:It figures when you got $5 to your name and you go spent 4 of it for a new soldering iron tip it's a no go.I just put in the smt xtal hooked back up no dice still got the fragmenting picture.I might try some resoldering later but it's the corner table for this one for now.
hey buddy, at least your trying!!! dont give up you'll figure it out...
live your life like a beer commericial
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

racerx007 wrote:It figures that would be the one huh I'm going to have to go to the rat shack and get me a new iron .I managed to unsolder that one from my junker box
but it was really hard for me to get it loose with my old iron and I do not want to kill it trying to get it off with my old sh@t iron.

But thanks for the reply I'll post back after I get it changed with the outcome.
Rat Shack???????? Do yourself a Favor and Get a Real Soldering iron if you intend to Play in this Hobby. The only thing the RatShack Soldering iron is good for is DAMAGING And Maybe Bruning your Self. ROTFLMAO