how to tell type 1 from type 2

Test on DCT 2224/2244 using USB BDM.
racerx007

how to tell type 1 from type 2

Post by racerx007 »

I have a few ph6/cr4's that I screwed by not checking the types with the dct2224 script before pgm'ing them and now they are junk . is there a way to tell the type 1's from type 2's by looking at the boards or do I just need to get both backups and do the trial and error method ? also how do you tell when to flip or not flip ?

thanks in advance !
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

racerx007 wrote:I have a few ph6/cr4's that I screwed by not checking the types with the dct2224 script before pgm'ing them and now they are junk . is there a way to tell the type 1's from type 2's by looking at the boards or do I just need to get both backups and do the trial and error method ? also how do you tell when to flip or not flip ?

thanks in advance !
did you screw them by putting the wrong version firmware on them? you should be able to get them back if you have a bit of patience and a proper backup, aint nothing ever "junk" !..what boxs are you concerened about the type 1 and tyupe 2 about? aslo there are only a few boxs that require you to flip the firm cr4's - sometimes, and sometimes ph8's i believe..but you know that you have to flip the firm when you go to programit properly and it wont let you into the firm in the first place, so then you would just flip the firm , program, then flip back before writing/saving...
live your life like a beer commericial
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

racerx007 wrote:I have a few ph6/cr4's that I screwed by not checking the types with the dct2224 script before pgm'ing them and now they are junk . is there a way to tell the type 1's from type 2's by looking at the boards or do I just need to get both backups and do the trial and error method ? also how do you tell when to flip or not flip ?

thanks in advance !
If you READ Here it Tells you How to Find Out If type 1 or 2...........

http://www.usbjtag.com/dct2000/getout0.php
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
racerx007

thanks

Post by racerx007 »

I forgot just what stupid move I made I think it was as simple as not checking
before I jumped into it . the cr4/ph6's do take a few more steps but thats how you learn . I got the 7/8/9's figured out almost as fast as the 700's just need to work on them cr4/ph6's some more but do not have any backups for them and I'm assuming that the backups for 7/8/9's won"t help me much so I'll have to keep hoping that I'll run across some more of the cr4/ph6's to save
backups from .
thanks again for the link to the info I think I already looked at it but did not remember seeing the type detection as I copy and paste everything that makes sense sort of adding to my bible of knowlege . always copy , paste , save !
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

racerx007 wrote:I forgot just what stupid move I made I think it was as simple as not checking
before I jumped into it . the cr4/ph6's do take a few more steps but thats how you learn . I got the 7/8/9's figured out almost as fast as the 700's just need to work on them cr4/ph6's some more but do not have any backups for them and I'm assuming that the backups for 7/8/9's won"t help me much so I'll have to keep hoping that I'll run across some more of the cr4/ph6's to save
backups from .
thanks again for the link to the info I think I already looked at it but did not remember seeing the type detection as I copy and paste everything that makes sense sort of adding to my bible of knowlege . always copy , paste , save !
Cool, And aside from Disabling the watchdog on the CR4 & PH6 and the ocational flip firmware, all steps are the same as the ph7,ph8 & ph9.
Good theory on the copy,paste & Save, Just remember its equally Important to make a good backup and Save before doing any testing. ;)
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
racerx007

gee this stuff is fun ! ! !

Post by racerx007 »

well I learned a few new things tonight . don't forget to cut c105 on them cr4/ph6's ha ha ! also you don't always need exact backups to fix your own screw ups as I used the code from a working ph9 and the working nvram from a cr4 to fix a dead or trashed ph6 and a cr4 only to find out that one was a full premium box when I got done with it all of the movies playing from what I was sure was only going to be a basic box ha ha ha ! ! you got to love it and it only took me a hour or 2 to teach myself the answer to my 1st question how to tell type 1 from type 2 when you already screwed it up so there is no way of knowing what it had before you screwed it up . it didn't seem to matter as long as your use both the code and nvram from a good backup as long as you check which type it is before you attempt to change the firmware . thanks for the help and thanks to the man Mr. Usbjtag ! ! !
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

racerx007 wrote:well I learned a few new things tonight . don't forget to cut c105 on them cr4/ph6's ha ha ! also you don't always need exact backups to fix your own screw ups as I used the code from a working ph9 and the working nvram from a cr4 to fix a dead or trashed ph6 and a cr4 only to find out that one was a full premium box when I got done with it all of the movies playing from what I was sure was only going to be a basic box ha ha ha ! ! you got to love it and it only took me a hour or 2 to teach myself the answer to my 1st question how to tell type 1 from type 2 when you already screwed it up so there is no way of knowing what it had before you screwed it up . it didn't seem to matter as long as your use both the code and nvram from a good backup as long as you check which type it is before you attempt to change the firmware . thanks for the help and thanks to the man Mr. Usbjtag ! ! !
Cool. Thats what Testing is all about..........
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

racerx007 wrote:well I learned a few new things tonight . don't forget to cut c105 on them cr4/ph6's ha ha ! also you don't always need exact backups to fix your own screw ups as I used the code from a working ph9 and the working nvram from a cr4 to fix a dead or trashed ph6 and a cr4 only to find out that one was a full premium box when I got done with it all of the movies playing from what I was sure was only going to be a basic box ha ha ha ! ! you got to love it and it only took me a hour or 2 to teach myself the answer to my 1st question how to tell type 1 from type 2 when you already screwed it up so there is no way of knowing what it had before you screwed it up . it didn't seem to matter as long as your use both the code and nvram from a good backup as long as you check which type it is before you attempt to change the firmware . thanks for the help and thanks to the man Mr. Usbjtag ! ! !
that great that ya figured it out! when people read and learn for themselves the rewards are so much more then what you would get if you were spoonfed all the answers....good job man..and enjoy the testing~
live your life like a beer commericial