Rapid Timeout

Test on DCT 2224/2244 using USB BDM.
Killswitch

Rapid Timeout

Post by Killswitch »

Jesus! I've just Restored an Old Board 2224 with a current 8.55 Code and slightly out-of-local NVRAM. The Backup was from North Phila. and I hang my hat in NorthEast Phila. which are different areas. It TimedOut in almost exactly two (2) days. God, this is astounding! It became Disconnected in the Diags Menu and everything else stayed the same. Back in 2010 with a legacy BDM, a Restore with a totally Local RAM would last a little under 3 months. I don't think that I was Updated - no change of Code or Channel Map. I didn't block or fake the original UID (not on Comcast Mainframe) or its UPM . I slow programmed the TSOP's and everything came out sweet except for no VOD or IPPV (disabled) . Just don't ask me to research - I've been thru the Archives more than anybody around here. Just give a quick critique of how to extend the window of stability before it times out again. I won't be able to get a totally local NVRAM in any way. It took a few years to get this. Kinda disappointing. Too many variables to nail here.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

MoonGoon wrote:Jesus! I've just Restored an Old Board 2224 with a current 8.55 Code and slightly out-of-local NVRAM. The Backup was from North Phila. and I hang my hat in NorthEast Phila. which are different areas. It TimedOut in almost exactly two (2) days. God, this is astounding! It became Disconnected in the Diags Menu and everything else stayed the same. Back in 2010 with a legacy BDM, a Restore with a totally Local RAM would last a little under 3 months. I don't think that I was Updated - no change of Code or Channel Map. I didn't block or fake the original UID (not on Comcast Mainframe) or its UPM . I slow programmed the TSOP's and everything came out sweet except for no VOD or IPPV (disabled) . Just don't ask me to research - I've been thru the Archives more than anybody around here. Just give a quick critique of how to extend the window of stability before it times out again. I won't be able to get a totally local NVRAM in any way. It took a few years to get this. Kinda disappointing. Too many variables to nail here.
DUDE !! that shoulda been the FIRST thing you did!!!
live your life like a beer commericial
moddog

Post by moddog »

He is the moon guy, sometime the starts is too small to see, anyways goon i hope some one give you a hand before 2015.
Good better best
Killswitch

Script

Post by Killswitch »

Hey, Yardman! Never heard that one used before. What's the script I would use to get into the 2224 Testing Tab so that I can mod the Diags Menu to include the UID/UPM Remote change instead of the Keyboard/LED at #19 ? I've come to the conclusion that the very short jumper cable used to connect that cheapo old book Modem shouldn't be connected for security reasons. I now hook directly to the Tuner - I wonder if I'll get updated like that. I'd like to have a current Channel Map but it's not a priority. Just wanna extend the Timeout so that it lasts the longest of times. My VOD is enabled in the App Modules - how to Activate it after I fake the UID/UPM with legit numbers is the next concern. Have to start calling you BarkDog. Barks at the Moon.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

MoonGoon wrote:Hey, Yardman! Never heard that one used before. What's the script I would use to get into the 2224 Testing Tab so that I can mod the Diags Menu to include the UID/UPM Remote change instead of the Keyboard/LED at #19 ? I've come to the conclusion that the very short jumper cable used to connect that cheapo old book Modem shouldn't be connected for security reasons. I now hook directly to the Tuner - I wonder if I'll get updated like that. I'd like to have a current Channel Map but it's not a priority. Just wanna extend the Timeout so that it lasts the longest of times. My VOD is enabled in the App Modules - how to Activate it after I fake the UID/UPM with legit numbers is the next concern. Have to start calling you BarkDog. Barks at the Moon.
If you know what your doing, You don't need legit numbers to get VOD's, That way No One Else has to pay for you viewing VOD's at someone Else's expense. That's just PLAIN WRONG...........
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Killswitch

Authority

Post by Killswitch »

Dude, did I request your input and assistance here? You come here, blow smoke and make it sound rather judgemental. What's just plain wrong? No need to reply. A rhetorical question.
keja

Post by keja »

CAPONE wrote:If you know what your doing, You don't need legit numbers to get VOD's, That way No One Else has to pay for you viewing VOD's at someone Else's expense. That's just PLAIN WRONG...........
Capone, I would sure like to know how to get VOD's.........MoonGoon I'm really trying to figure out what you really want, I would help if I could but, I'm confussed just a tad bit here.
Killswitch

Up to Snuff

Post by Killswitch »

Hi! Your boy KevvKev gave me a sweet Backup for an Old Board that came from a ganked machine and I laid it into place and it buttoned up rather well. Current 8.55 FW booting from Flash Chips correctly. The VOD shows up as Enabled in the Diags Menu and I wanna activate it without calling Comcast. PPV is Disabled, but can only be changed by a Refresh hit from the HeadEnd as far as I know. Just need to find out how to put the UID/UPM remote change into the Diags Menu in place of the Keyboard/LED item at the end of the Menu. Just tying loose ends together. All is well. Goodday.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

type :

- firm

see what happens
Killswitch

Presto Changeo

Post by Killswitch »

Wow-w! That's the command that'll open Pandora's Box? Does it open the DCT2224 Testing Tab in Upper Left Corner? Remarkable. When I did some exploration of that tab, I wound up with a bunch of Errors. I guess that this is
the SOP of Testing. Do it without SpoonFeeding until ya get it right. Now that I've jacked the Cable feed directly into the Tuner, it hasn't TimedOut yet nor Updated. When I jacked into the Modem, it quit in two days. Funny.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

MoonGoon wrote:Wow-w! That's the command that'll open Pandora's Box? Does it open the DCT2224 Testing Tab in Upper Left Corner? Remarkable. When I did some exploration of that tab, I wound up with a bunch of Errors. I guess that this is
the SOP of Testing. Do it without SpoonFeeding until ya get it right. Now that I've jacked the Cable feed directly into the Tuner, it hasn't TimedOut yet nor Updated. When I jacked into the Modem, it quit in two days. Funny.
modems and cable boxs are 2 totally different monsters! MAKE SURE YOU GO IN AND ADD THAT REMOTE CHANGE UID FEATURE AND CHANGE IT!!! DO IT RIGHT NOW !!! NOW !!! WHY ARE YOU STILL READING THIS? GO AND DO IT !!!
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Acknowledged. Wow-w! Sounds like Hypertension. I'm a little chuckley because this isn't the real you. Almost like Accupuncture and they hit the right nerve ending. Nevertheless, thanx - I'll get right on it.
Killswitch

Code

Post by Killswitch »

Hey, Green Day ! FW 8.55 type 1 not supported. Using 0.59 software. That Code MUST be supported. Went directly into the Testing tab and it did the same. Can't flip new FW . What to do? How can non-technical peeps hang in this circle?
Killswitch

Progress

Post by Killswitch »

The only way I've found to mod the FW is to reprogram the 2224 from scratch and then conclude with the mod. Gotta be a slicker way than this. When I got there, I chose to a) connect all the time and b) UID/UPM change . It suggested that I not forget to program the chip, and so I went up to the Write to Chip tab at hit it. Didn't shift into gear. Nothing! I'll tell ya - anybody will become a schizoid paratrooper after this fire drill. This hardware needs somebody to write an Encyclopedia to dial it in. I've got the patience of God but this will crash my running lites. Damndest thing I've seen in years.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

MoonGoon wrote:The only way I've found to mod the FW is to reprogram the 2224 from scratch and then conclude with the mod. Gotta be a slicker way than this. When I got there, I chose to a) connect all the time and b) UID/UPM change . It suggested that I not forget to program the chip, and so I went up to the Write to Chip tab at hit it. Didn't shift into gear. Nothing! I'll tell ya - anybody will become a schizoid paratrooper after this fire drill. This hardware needs somebody to write an Encyclopedia to dial it in. I've got the patience of God but this will crash my running lites. Damndest thing I've seen in years.
that's what ya gotta do..you should see the remote change uid in there to check off as well