Cinco de Mayo

Test on DCT 2224/2244 using USB BDM.
Killswitch

Cinco de Mayo

Post by Killswitch »

Good morning. Here's a fitting tribute to all of our Hispanic members on one of their highest holidays. Cinco de Mayo and Corona cerveza are an excellent combination. The issue at hand is the recent NOT AUTHORIZED attack from Security from Hell. It appears that this Security is neither an official Deauthorization in view of the fact that your box remains E 00 and previous subscription in the XC remains intact. Here's the surprise - Universall is correct in his opinion that it isn't a Key change either. I received a 2224 with a PH8 last Wed. from Comcast Phila. as the primary box on my account. Was shrink-wrapped like new. Not a mark on it. Attempted to use its Backup to see if I could affect change to my PH9 that got hit on April Fools day. An interesting scenario occured. Even though PH boards are very specific, this valid NVRAM copied over with success except for its InBand Data. Reason being that the PH9 has an ACD 2204 tuner and the PH8 Backup is equipped with data for a V 860 DL . All channels obviously bear the message that THIS CHANNEL WILL APPEAR SHORTLY . The technical question is : how do I copy this new, valid NVRAM over and leave the data of its original ACD 2204 tuner in place ? Tuner data is in EEPROM. We're going faster than Light here. It's Warp Speed technology. Goodday.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

MoonGoon wrote:Good morning. Here's a fitting tribute to all of our Hispanic members on one of their highest holidays. Cinco de Mayo and Corona cerveza are an excellent combination. The issue at hand is the recent NOT AUTHORIZED attack from Security from Hell. It appears that this Security is neither an official Deauthorization in view of the fact that your box remains E 00 and previous subscription in the XC remains intact. Here's the surprise - Universall is correct in his opinion that it isn't a Key change either. I received a 2224 with a PH8 last Wed. from Comcast Phila. as the primary box on my account. Was shrink-wrapped like new. Not a mark on it. Attempted to use its Backup to see if I could affect change to my PH9 that got hit on April Fools day. An interesting scenario occured. Even though PH boards are very specific, this valid NVRAM copied over with success except for its InBand Data. Reason being that the PH9 has an ACD 2204 tuner and the PH8 Backup is equipped with data for a V 860 DL . All channels obviously bear the message that THIS CHANNEL WILL APPEAR SHORTLY . The technical question is : how do I copy this new, valid NVRAM over and leave the data of its original ACD 2204 tuner in place ? Tuner data is in EEPROM. We're going faster than Light here. It's Warp Speed technology. Goodday.
FYI

To all Mexicans NOT all Hispanics. This is a MEXICAN HOLIDAY............ ;)

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Mexicans, Just clarifying......

Copy n Paste
Cinco de Mayo (Spanish for "fifth of May") is a celebration held on May 5. It is celebrated in the United States[1] and regionally in Mexico, primarily in the state of Puebla,[note 1][2][3][4] where the holiday is called El Día de la Batalla de Puebla (English: The Day of the Battle of Puebla).[5][6][7] It originated with Mexican-American communities in the American West as a way to commemorate the cause of freedom and democracy during the first years of the American Civil War,[8][9] and today the date is observed in the United States as a celebration of Mexican heritage and pride.[10] In the state of Puebla, the date is observed to commemorate the Mexican army's unlikely victory over French forces at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862, under the leadership of General Ignacio Zaragoza Seguín.[3][11] Cinco de Mayo is not Mexico's Independence Day—the most important national patriotic holiday in Mexico—which is celebrated on September 16.[3][12]

End Copy n Paste

Now the reason you got the message "THIS CHANNEL WILL APPEAR SHORTLY" is because after the NVRAM change you have no signal in the INBOUND even though you do have signal in the OOB. So what you need to do is, figure out is How to regain Signal in the INBOUND and then see if the channels come back or you get the "Not Authorized" Message Back....
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Dude, when the Software matches the Hardware, my InBand will mysteriously reappear. Right out of thin air. From what I understand, changing EEPROM on 2224's CAN be done. Now, how to do it ? Hints won't be necessary at this point. Go step-by-step. I'm a slow learner even though I've got 17 yrs. of Higher Education under my belt. The BBA on my wall doesn't mean a damn thing here.
merkin

Post by merkin »

Killswitch

Cow Manure

Post by Killswitch »

Observation : I've recovered the Guide, extended Menu, VOD and PPV . However, I remain NOT AUTHORIZED. In capital letters. Conclusion - valid Backups will NOT turn the trick and, unless you're a Time Lord like Doctor Who, you'll have to accept your unit as a glorified DoorStop. Unless, of course, you know the structure of the NVRAM well enuf to know where the Key change Address is and how to affect a change. And, as we all know, this matter is effectively FailSafed. Not gonna leak out from the Inner Circle. I can pay somebody $150. to reenable it but, I'm as tight as it gets. Fiscally conservative, like businessmen say. There MUST be a way to Hit the box, inject a Key and keep it off the MainFrame.
moddog

Post by moddog »

The like merkin give you, should do what USBDM said. Since i dont tested those boxes i can't test it my self. HEX.
Good better best
Killswitch

Taking the Bus

Post by Killswitch »

Hey, YardMan - what I got from Mr. Merkin was the long way home. I took the Bullet Train home with the help of one of our solid Senior Members who knows the subject matter extremely well. Yet, still have a stubborn NOT AUTHORIZED unit in front of me. There's gotta be a practical way to inject a new Key into the mix. I'll become obsessed to the point where this challenge will NOT defeat me. And, I'll do it without the help of the Inner Circle. Forming my own Circle as we speak. There's room on board, Yardman .........
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

MoonGoon wrote:Hey, YardMan - what I got from Mr. Merkin was the long way home. I took the Bullet Train home with the help of one of our solid Senior Members who knows the subject matter extremely well. Yet, still have a stubborn NOT AUTHORIZED unit in front of me. There's gotta be a practical way to inject a new Key into the mix. I'll become obsessed to the point where this challenge will NOT defeat me. And, I'll do it without the help of the Inner Circle. Forming my own Circle as we speak. There's room on board, Yardman .........
Now that's a very good thought.......... ;) TEAMWORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Yea, sure - that's my End Game. This place has become noticably stale like week-old bread that expired. Hey, you know, I've been as cool as the day is long. You get Rap from so many members that you should pause and reflect. And, I'll do as need see fit. Goodday.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Wow-w ! Back to Testing. Security from Hell is on a good day in the Phila PA Metropolitan area. Insofar as VOD is concerned, I've got a good one full of mystery . I put all of the legit credentials from my legal PH8 box gotten the other day onto my PH9 Test Box. In the Phila area, VOD must be from a legal, subscribed account. With me, the UID and UPM are the same. The Network Address is as well. The IP generated is also. Most importantly, the Upstream and Downstream ID's are the same. On the Diags Menu, #12 is RUNNING . I would've strongly suspected that my VOD and IPPV were good to go. When I order a Free movie, it'll take it and it'll run for apprx. 2 seconds. Ten seconds later, A message with the reference SRM-8012 appears. I wonder what Xfinity says about this one? They'll probably need to book a Truck Roll for that one. ASin't that just special ?
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

MoonGoon wrote:Wow-w ! Back to Testing. Security from Hell is on a good day in the Phila PA Metropolitan area. Insofar as VOD is concerned, I've got a good one full of mystery . I put all of the legit credentials from my legal PH8 box gotten the other day onto my PH9 Test Box. In the Phila area, VOD must be from a legal, subscribed account. With me, the UID and UPM are the same. The Network Address is as well. The IP generated is also. Most importantly, the Upstream and Downstream ID's are the same. On the Diags Menu, #12 is RUNNING . I would've strongly suspected that my VOD and IPPV were good to go. When I order a Free movie, it'll take it and it'll run for apprx. 2 seconds. Ten seconds later, A message with the reference SRM-8012 appears. I wonder what Xfinity says about this one? They'll probably need to book a Truck Roll for that one. ASin't that just special ?
you said that you put all the valid info from your subb'd box into your test box right? with the UID AND UPM as well right? if that's the case then you will receive the VOD's from your subb'd account on the test box as well if you have subb'd to them because you used valid uid's and upm from your account....am i inturperting you correctly? if so then you wanna be carefull ordering movies as they will show up on your legit account!
live your life like a beer commericial
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Hey, JSG - Welcome to the Jungle ! Yes, you ARE interpreting me correctly. I transposed the legal framework of my Account box onto my Test Box for exactly these reasons - to see if I could duplicate the legit flavor of the task at hand. Bear in mind that I'm in one of the stiffest Security Zones the USA has to offer. Dude, go into the Archives and read where some Members felt it was because their box was only Basic Service that they were denied VOD. And, as it is said, that's a Crock of Shit ! It runs for two seconds then goes to a disclaimer to call Xfinity with the Error # SRM 8012. You Google this deck of cards and you'll find that the only answer that'll solve the problem is issued by Install Techs who tell ya that they need to Hit the box with a new set of Authorizations. Hey, that's cool UNTIL they wanna know either the unit's Serial # or its UID, in which case you're f*cked. However, I'm really good at this and I know what's up. The frequency of the UPM that got flashed over doesn't match the freq of the UPM on board. Guaranteed. I'll give 3-1 odds on that conclusion.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

MoonGoon wrote:Hey, JSG - Welcome to the Jungle ! Yes, you ARE interpreting me correctly. I transposed the legal framework of my Account box onto my Test Box for exactly these reasons - to see if I could duplicate the legit flavor of the task at hand. Bear in mind that I'm in one of the stiffest Security Zones the USA has to offer. Dude, go into the Archives and read where some Members felt it was because their box was only Basic Service that they were denied VOD. And, as it is said, that's a Crock of Shit ! It runs for two seconds then goes to a disclaimer to call Xfinity with the Error # SRM 8012. You Google this deck of cards and you'll find that the only answer that'll solve the problem is issued by Install Techs who tell ya that they need to Hit the box with a new set of Authorizations. Hey, that's cool UNTIL they wanna know either the unit's Serial # or its UID, in which case you're f*cked. However, I'm really good at this and I know what's up. The frequency of the UPM that got flashed over doesn't match the freq of the UPM on board. Guaranteed. I'll give 3-1 odds on that conclusion.
you are totally correct. having just basic has absolutly zero bearing on wether or not you will get VOD's. it is all based on the UID'S. i haven't seen that error message before so i can't really comment on that part
live your life like a beer commericial
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

I'd be willing to bet that our proud Admin will be shortened up on this one. Better than that, I'll bet that Capone will have idle curiosity about it and throw me a hint or two. In reality light, this is what Security from Hell looks like when you look up its definition in the Websters . The security is so contagious that it has metasticized back on itself like a Cancer. I laid down a track of positive reinforcement and it spit me out. All of the freebies that I order on the Account box SHOW UP on the Test box. No surprise there. Yet, the VOD won't play. I've gotta admit - I must be living in an Alternative Universe a little out of phase with the Universe you're in. This is remarkable Security. It's actually feeding back upon itself.
macgyver12

Post by macgyver12 »

I'm still not getting what your talking about when you say 'secutiry from hell'....

These aren't cable modems we are talking about.

What works here, 99% probability it works there, and over there, and everywhere else, providing we are talking about the same CC. It's an extremely basic concept on how these things work, and the 'security from hell' is fairly universal. Aside from key changes, nothing has changed, and nothing is new in regards to security. Key changes have always been around, but unfortunately they've been rolling them out more and more often lately to screw people up. Nothing unfixable, just a hassle and a headache to thwart TOS.

I'm glad to see you are focusing a lot of effort on the DCT's, which is always a good thing....but in all honesty, you should be focusing on cablecard enabled boxes, or else you are going to be far behind in the future.