dct 2224 loosing premium channels

Test on DCT 2224/2244 using USB BDM.
Wolfgang

I get it now

Post by Wolfgang »

... once reauthorized all previous channels will come out to say hello once again...
The authorization is not only a SWITCH, it is a new set of keys. There is your problem, you assumed that re-authorization will bring back everything you had before. That's wrong, and that is history now. A new authorization means a new set of keys. Your old keys were worthless anyway, the new keys got you some life but that has nothing to do with what you have had before. It's a new tear of authorization and it is a different one comparing to what you had before. Sorry.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Yes, Sir - I had the presumption that the Keys were the same for every tier of service that the fine folks at Comcast had to offer. My God, that's unreal. The Keys are variable accd. to the level of service you pay for. I'll bet that only the Inner Circle (who are these guys) knew that tidbit. I used to think that you could write new Keys separately without doing the Auth Code. I'm beginning to doubt that. This shit never ceases to amaze.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

Killswitch wrote:Yes, Sir - I had the presumption that the Keys were the same for every tier of service that the fine folks at Comcast had to offer. My God, that's unreal. The Keys are variable accd. to the level of service you pay for. I'll bet that only the Inner Circle (who are these guys) knew that tidbit. I used to think that you could write new Keys separately without doing the Auth Code. I'm beginning to doubt that. This shit never ceases to amaze.
dont be suprised if you see more and more "tiers" being added to cable. kind of like how satellites work. it's not very hard for them to do and it benefits them for stuff like this. this has been around for quiet awhile although not on alot of channels. as for loading the key's/ auth code....well that part depends on how your box was hit. you can at times still just insert the keys and be back to normal. but in certain cases you need your box to be re-authorized as well but like i said that depends on how your box was hit..
live your life like a beer commericial