Dct 700 clone

JTAG on dct2500/dct700
trueblu8

Post by trueblu8 »

Someone needs to order that cable immediately. ;)

Anyone know if there's a usb cable that can be used with PonyProg?
cablehackernoob

Post by cablehackernoob »

trueblu8 wrote:Someone needs to order that cable immediately. ;)

Anyone know if there's a usb cable that can be used with PonyProg?
yea. I wonder who will take a hit for the team.

im out because i dont have a credit card :(
jatucker

Post by jatucker »

There are some other ideas out there about getting the dct700 up and working. The idea is not to clone a box because we can't change the real uid, but instead to trick the box to think it is supposed to tune all channels. I have some dct700 and I tested it today in a 100% encrypted digital area. I loaded current local firmware and nvram from an active box. What I see when I change channels is a split second of each channel before the box stops tuning that channel and it goes black. The box can tune that channel if it wants, if we can make it think it should. But I don't think we can clone these boxes.
joejoe332006

Post by joejoe332006 »

I had that happen once as well. It will lock up for a second and than change channel.
cablehackernoob

jatucker wrote:There are some other ideas out there about getting the dct700 up and working. The idea is not to clone a box because we can't change the real uid, but instead to trick the box to think it is supposed to tune all channels. I have some dct700 and I tested it today in a 100% encrypted digital area. I loaded current local firmware and nvram from an active box. What I see when I change channels is a split second of each channel before the box stops tuning that channel and it goes black. The box can tune that channel if it wants, if we can make it think it should. But I don't think we can clone these boxes.
Thats an interesting idea. maybe possible by hardware mod. I wouldnt know where to start tho.
jatucker

Post by jatucker »

If you look at the interface setup in PonyProg you will see that the software is looking for a serial of parallel device. There is a pull down menu which lets you select your device. The SI-Prog looks the most common from searching. I doubt any usb device will work.
joejoe332006

Post by joejoe332006 »

cablehackernoob wrote:Thats an interesting idea. maybe possible by hardware mod. I wouldnt know where to start tho.
it's like the working keys are in the ram or the nvram and when it verify's against the xc chip it goes black.
cablehackernoob

joejoe332006 wrote:it's like the working keys are in the ram or the nvram and when it verify's against the xc chip it goes black.
Thats sounds legit. Its Just might be the case.

EDIT: I dont think that theory is correct because it dosnt explain how we could take a unit from a different network and clone it and have some channels work and some dont.

Bare in mind that even tho some channels are encrypted the xc chip would have to have the channel map loaded with Auth and De-auth channels. it it would not necessarly be the case where CC 1 and CC 2 have the same channel map with same Auth channels.
trueblu8

Post by trueblu8 »

cablehackernoob wrote:yea. I wonder who will take a hit for the team.

im out because i dont have a credit card :(
I will order it.

EDIT: Bad news guys. Just got off the phone with ucables.com and they no longer stock the SI-Prog cable. Lady says they haven't carried it since the beginning of last year when the company they got it from stopped manufacturing it. Looks like someone will have to build one using the schematic.
jatucker wrote:If you look at the interface setup in PonyProg you will see that the software is looking for a serial of parallel device. There is a pull down menu which lets you select your device. The SI-Prog looks the most common from searching. I doubt any usb device will work.
Right. Just remembered that. I wonder if I can use a serial to usb adapter that I have.
jatucker wrote:There are some other ideas out there about getting the dct700 up and working. The idea is not to clone a box because we can't change the real uid, but instead to trick the box to think it is supposed to tune all channels. I have some dct700 and I tested it today in a 100% encrypted digital area. I loaded current local firmware and nvram from an active box. What I see when I change channels is a split second of each channel before the box stops tuning that channel and it goes black. The box can tune that channel if it wants, if we can make it think it should. But I don't think we can clone these boxes.
You sure about that? Read here and here. I think it is being done, just not with the usbjtagnt software.

I've been wondering. Why is the option to change the network address there and what purpose does it serve?
cablehackernoob

UPDATE: Connected "clone" dct700 with uplink blocked over night and sadly i report that there are no extra channels.
I've been wondering. Why is the option to change the network address there and what purpose does it serve?
I have been wondering the same thing too
jatucker

Post by jatucker »

Re-read the thread from sbh carefully. If you see what he abm is talking about all he is saying is that you can copy a valid local working nvram from one box to another and allow the tv guide and possibly some channels to work. He is suggesting that there are c.c. special nvrams that will load the tv guide and channel maps without being local. He is not giving anything away. Further in some of his posts he too acknowledges that there is no way of cloning the box or the xc chip at this time.

As for the thread from forum.ecoustics.com, this info does not seem to fit. First pony prog fails when trying to read a dct2244 from just a straight serial connection. It doesn't recognize that anything is connected. I can get some data from the serial port on my dct2244 with teraterm and hyperterminal. But windows does not see the box as a harddrive like this thread has suggested. Also PonyProg will not read from the serial port.
trueblu8

Post by trueblu8 »

jatucker wrote:He is not giving anything away.
Yeah that part was pretty frustrating. Saying he uses a different software but won't say what it is only that it was written by a close personal friend. Further saying that the usbjtagnt software is really limited and that you can't copy or view the areas that are really important with it. He did mention something about byte flags and needing to use an older firmware that didn't have them or something like that. I think he is only there to tease us with tidbits of information here and there. And now he is no longer even a member.
WESTPAC

Post by WESTPAC »

You guys are making some progress I see.PM me I have some more info that might just get us to where we need to be.IT IS BEING DONE!.AND check this out fellas...we are NOT trying to program the XC chip at all.They are correct in saying that MAY not be able to do but guess what?We don't have to...what we are doing is looking for the way around it.Over the last few days I have become convinced that there are actually several ways to do this...there are archives on this site going back to 05-06 talking about it....Read...PM me for the latest info I have discovered.
trueblu8

Post by trueblu8 »

Yeah according to what I've read you clone the box then let it sit in the stream and the xc rewrites itself essentially opening the channels.
cablehackernoob

trueblu8 wrote:Yeah according to what I've read you clone the box then let it sit in the stream and the xc rewrites itself essentially opening the channels.
Well i cloned mine (as much as i could with usbjtagnt) Blocked uplink and let it sit in the stream for 10 hours and no result.