dct2524 problem - need help

JTAG on dct2500/dct700
used2b

dct2524 problem - need help

Post by used2b »

Hi, I'm new to the forum and just ordered a jtagnt. I have a dct2524 from craigslist that when I tried to activate with the caco, they say no can do as it shows as a lost rental. arghhhh!

Anyway, I also have a dct2224 with an RF problem. Can I swap UA number on the DCT2524 with the good UA from the DCT2224 and get this 2524 working? Or is there something else to do.

Can I fix this with the dongle. Or am I SOL??
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

used2b wrote:Hi, I'm new to the forum and just ordered a jtagnt. I have a dct2524 from craigslist that when I tried to activate with the caco, they say no can do as it shows as a lost rental. arghhhh!

Anyway, I also have a dct2224 with an RF problem. Can I swap UA number on the DCT2524 with the good UA from the DCT2224 and get this 2524 working? Or is there something else to do.

Can I fix this with the dongle. Or am I SOL??
DUDE Clearly You need to do Some Reading. As for the UID Yes you can Swap them But that won't make the EBay Box WORK. So your SOL On That End.
I suggest you Do SOME READING so you can Know What can and CAN'T Be DONE. Look in the Links on Left side of your Screen. 90% of what you need to Know is there.............
used2b

Post by used2b »

I'll do the reading next I guess. I have a valid caco subscription with premium chs on another box. thought that I could get this one activated then take an update from caco to get chs. Is this box completely junk in your opinion?
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

used2b wrote:I'll do the reading next I guess. I have a valid caco subscription with premium chs on another box. thought that I could get this one activated then take an update from caco to get chs. Is this box completely junk in your opinion?
that normally can be done...BUT if you got someone's rented box the caco will NOT activate it for you!! it's ALWAYS best if your going to do that to get the serial number from the person you are buying from and call the caco to make sure you can hook it up....this has happened to me as well but all i did was just connect the box to get the last sub on it and not sub it myself (you can do this with LOCAL boxs only)...your best bet is to contact the seller and tell them it was a rented box and try to get your money back. if they won't give ya your money back contact the caco and tell them your sistuation and they will charge the person the cost of the box ..
live your life like a beer commericial
used2b

Post by used2b »

Hey Justsomeguy, thanks for your reply. Here's my long story. The box came from a guy that cleans out rental apartments after the tennants have flown. The box was an unknown to him so he sold it for cheap (I'm not out much money).

I read on another forum that the serial & model number is only paper and not connected electronically to the box. Only the UA number is used to activate the box. The serial number exists on a caco list so they know what numbers have been activated by them. If you are not on the list they will add your box or check existing serial numbers for problem accounts.

The member of the other forum suggests that when you activate you can give the caco any fake serial number to add, but the UA must be real and the firmware must be from your area. If I can fix the UA number to a known good one (which I have) and give them a serial number & model that works for them on their list, I should be ok ... maybe.:)
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

used2b wrote:Hey Justsomeguy, thanks for your reply. Here's my long story. The box came from a guy that cleans out rental apartments after the tennants have flown. The box was an unknown to him so he sold it for cheap (I'm not out much money).

I read on another forum that the serial & model number is only paper and not connected electronically to the box. Only the UA number is used to activate the box. The serial number exists on a caco list so they know what numbers have been activated by them. If you are not on the list they will add your box or check existing serial numbers for problem accounts.

The member of the other forum suggests that when you activate you can give the caco any fake serial number to add, but the UA must be real and the firmware must be from your area. If I can fix the UA number to a known good one (which I have) and give them a serial number & model that works for them on their list, I should be ok ... maybe.:)
LOL...you can always try that...but from MY personal experience (and i've been in your sistuation but with ALOT more then 1 box) you require the serial number...and if the number is not in the caco's account it usually means it was registrared with a different caco..and where i am there is only 1 caco..so if the box came from different city where there was other caco's and the serial number is not in my caco they will NOT allow you to sub it. basically if they cannot see it they cannot or will not activate it. it is def. electronic where i am..and it was only a couple weeks ago i went through this..but caco's differ in different places..that's just how it is where i am..you can always try..the thing is is that if you are registraring a box and just use some other valid number that number will already be on a active account and they will not just switch it over to yours if it's on someone elses!!

and also you mentioned firmware...the caco doesn't know what firmware is on your box!! and of course it has to be local if you wanna use it, but it's not hard to take a firmware update..you don't need the caco for that at all.

KEEP READING LIKE CAPONE SAID...there is LOTS to learn here
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

used2b wrote:Hey Justsomeguy, thanks for your reply. Here's my long story. The box came from a guy that cleans out rental apartments after the tennants have flown. The box was an unknown to him so he sold it for cheap (I'm not out much money).

Who ever gave you that story Is Smoking some GOOD CHIT. The UID Serialis Tied to the Box and No way to change it. Like I said Bro, You Need to Do some READING So You Stop falling for those RETARDED Claims. LMFAO.
used2b

Post by used2b »

justsomeguy wrote:LOL...you can always try that...but from MY personal experience (and i've been in your sistuation but with ALOT more then 1 box) you require the serial number...and if the number is not in the caco's account it usually means it was registrared with a different caco..and where i am there is only 1 caco..so if the box came from different city where there was other caco's and the serial number is not in my caco they will NOT allow you to sub it. basically if they cannot see it they cannot or will not activate it. it is def. electronic where i am..and it was only a couple weeks ago i went through this..but caco's differ in different places..that's just how it is where i am..you can always try..the thing is is that if you are registraring a box and just use some other valid number that number will already be on a active account and they will not just switch it over to yours if it's on someone elses!!

and also you mentioned firmware...the caco doesn't know what firmware is on your box!! and of course it has to be local if you wanna use it, but it's not hard to take a firmware update..you don't need the caco for that at all.
When I got this box I also got 3 other DCT2224's. The caco had no problem activating 2 on my account. The 3rd one was intermittent, but they could connect to it. The activation tech said that it needs repair to the RF section most likely. All the boxes are from the same area. When I gave him the list of boxes (all 4 unit serial numbers), he came right back to me and said he would not activate the DCT2524 until the existing rental contract was cleared. He did not ping the box as we never got that far. So...if I was to exchange the UID with the known good UID from the DCT2224, i would then have a valid unactivated box and the only problem exists is determining if I can give them a bogus serial number that they are ok with. The serial number on the defective 2224 is clear and on their list as de-activated.

If the guy from the other forum (the guy smokin that chit) is right, I could be OK...no?

Anyway, when you guys suggest I do my reading, are you telling me that I should read all the posts, or is there a knowledge base that I am not seeing.

Sorry if I sound like an ass, but I am new to this type of box. Tested satellite for years though.

Thanks in advance for your help.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

used2b wrote:When I got this box I also got 3 other DCT2224's. The caco had no problem activating 2 on my account. The 3rd one was intermittent, but they could connect to it. The activation tech said that it needs repair to the RF section most likely. All the boxes are from the same area. When I gave him the list of boxes (all 4 unit serial numbers), he came right back to me and said he would not activate the DCT2524 until the existing rental contract was cleared. He did not ping the box as we never got that far. So...if I was to exchange the UID with the known good UID from the DCT2224, i would then have a valid unactivated box and the only problem exists is determining if I can give them a bogus serial number that they are ok with. The serial number on the defective 2224 is clear and on their list as de-activated.

If the guy from the other forum (the guy smokin that chit) is right, I could be OK...no?

Anyway, when you guys suggest I do my reading, are you telling me that I should read all the posts, or is there a knowledge base that I am not seeing.

Sorry if I sound like an ass, but I am new to this type of box. Tested satellite for years though.

Thanks in advance for your help.
as was already told to you by not only myself but capone as well....the answer is NO!!!! the caco doesn't even ask for the uid...they only want the serial number ...and if you think that you can just swap uid's and have a unactivated box your dead WRONG....but we already told you that you cannot do what you asked. even if you phrase it differently you still cannot do it...if you don't believe us then go ahead and try out your theory....

used2b

Post by used2b »

OK, You know more that I do, so thank you.

What about this part?

"Anyway, when you guys suggest I do my reading, are you telling me that I should read all the posts, or is there a knowledge base that I am not seeing."
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

used2b wrote:OK, You know more that I do, so thank you.

What about this part?

"Anyway, when you guys suggest I do my reading, are you telling me that I should read all the posts, or is there a knowledge base that I am not seeing."
for starting out take your time and go through the forums for the device your going to plan on testing...don't just jump in and start doing things after reading a couple threads - that's how most people brick their boxs and then come back begging for someone to help them out...if you really wanna learn then read as much as you can while your waiting for your jtag to be delivered, and go back far...like even 3 or 4 years worth of posts..there is alot of great revelent info that dates back pretty far..don't just stop a couple months back..keep going...any and all of the questions you will have will have already been asked and answered many times over, you just gotta find them...also use the search option for narrowing down your fields if you have a paticular question..this is a hobby where you will not be spoonfed and have to do some self learning if you wanna get anywhere..once your tool comes in you should be ok to start playing and you will prob have questions once you get started testing but remember to search 1st..like i said mostly every question has been answered before...personally i read for about 6 months before i even picked up the tool and even then i still asked dumb questions that i could have easily found by searching...most people are not as dumb as i am so if i can do it, anyone can do it....capone will vouche for my dumbassness....lol...but most importantly.....HAVE FUN..this is a hobby remember...

CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

used2b wrote:OK, You know more that I do, so thank you.

What about this part?

When I say You Should read, I mean you should read the Product description and any related threads to the Box you seek info For, So you can KNOW What Can and CAN'T Be Done with the Tools and the Targets.
The Questions you are asking Have been answered so many Times it ain't even Funny.
used2b

Post by used2b »

Many Thanks. I'm sure that I will have questions, but will take up your suggestion and read.

No more questions for now.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

used2b wrote:Many Thanks. I'm sure that I will have questions, but will take up your suggestion and read.

No more questions for now.
I Thank You for your understanding.