Trying again

JTAG on dct2500/dct700
GBC

Trying again

Post by GBC »

Hi all again ok I need a little help with a 2524. Here is the break down of what I have done and tried. First I read the 2524 all files and saved it was a full sub with extended channels and ippv enabled. Secondly I read again and made second backups. Now the box was subbed to a lower package from the caco. The Ippv is still enabled. Ok now I wrote back the backups (nvram and plat apps etc) didnt touch anything to do with the boot or all flash just to let you know. I opened nvram loaded up the full backup sub one and then the now sub package copied channels over and saved then wrote that one to the box. Now didnt hook up cable to it yet. My main thing is I cant seem to change the uid using remote. Now when I run NT I cant find any option in there to do it nor in the nvtools and I have read lots on this site and watched the video for changing uid and udm but be danged if I can get it to work for me. Now my question is do I have to have it hooked to caco line to do this or is there something I am missing from all the reading I have done. Thanks again for any help it is appreciated
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

GBC wrote:Hi all again ok I need a little help with a 2524. Here is the break down of what I have done and tried. First I read the 2524 all files and saved it was a full sub with extended channels and ippv enabled. Secondly I read again and made second backups. Now the box was subbed to a lower package from the caco. The Ippv is still enabled. Ok now I wrote back the backups (nvram and plat apps etc) didnt touch anything to do with the boot or all flash just to let you know. I opened nvram loaded up the full backup sub one and then the now sub package copied channels over and saved then wrote that one to the box. Now didnt hook up cable to it yet. My main thing is I cant seem to change the uid using remote. Now when I run NT I cant find any option in there to do it nor in the nvtools and I have read lots on this site and watched the video for changing uid and udm but be danged if I can get it to work for me. Now my question is do I have to have it hooked to caco line to do this or is there something I am missing from all the reading I have done. Thanks again for any help it is appreciated
NO No need to hook Coax Line. And SO you Wached the Video, But watching and Understanding clearly not the same thing.
You need to read OR LOAD the Plat, do the firmware testing THING showen on video ( Mind you will look a bit different from video ) And then write the Plat to Box and Verify. THEN YOU WILL HAVE THE OPTION TO CHANGE UID WITH REMOTE.............
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

when you are programming the box and type in the "firm" command there is an option there for remote change uid..check that box off. when you are all done programming the box plug it into tv and power it up, go to the occult menu and it's the very last option..also just so you know in regards to the box having ippv enabled, it doesn't matter the backup you take from a different box, the box you are testing has to have had it enabled in the past, it has nothing to do with the backup...also i sure hope you are not expecting to see the channels from the box you took the backup from to apprear on the box you are testing it on. you will ONLY open up whatever sub the box last had on it, no matter what backup you put on it it doesn't work like that. just an FYI if you didn't know
live your life like a beer commericial
GBC

Post by GBC »

justsomeguy wrote:when you are programming the box and type in the "firm" command there is an option there for remote change uid..check that box off. when you are all done programming the box plug it into tv and power it up, go to the occult menu and it's the very last option..also just so you know in regards to the box having ippv enabled, it doesn't matter the backup you take from a different box, the box you are testing has to have had it enabled in the past, it has nothing to do with the backup...also i sure hope you are not expecting to see the channels from the box you took the backup from to apprear on the box you are testing it on. you will ONLY open up whatever sub the box last had on it, no matter what backup you put on it it doesn't work like that. just an FYI if you didn't know
Ok I think I am missing something from my readings. I load plat from the original read and write to box and I load nvram after copying channels from old read to latest read but I didnt see anything in the video or in my readings about "firm" I think I be missing a step here. I dont want a hand out on how to do it but do I type in firm as a command cause maybe that is what I am missing.

You need to read OR LOAD the Plat, do the firmware testing THING showen on video ( Mind you will look a bit different from video ) And then write the Plat to Box and Verify. THEN YOU WILL HAVE THE OPTION TO CHANGE UID WITH REMOTE.............

It doesnt show firmware testing in the video that I watched sorry will go look and see if I can find the right video the one I have is showing scrolling to the bottom where uid/umd is then changing to 2222222 and 33333333 but I will look around more thanks guys

and the ippv was enabled before that is when I took the read from the box and took a second read just to be sure. Ippv is still enabled on the box

again thanx guys gone looking for some more information and video

Edit: I think I found it in the instruction page for programming I see now where it says firm254 for some reason I didnt see that before so is that what I am looking for.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

New dll should have the firm instead of firm254. The firmware version can be detected automatically.
GBC

Post by GBC »

usbbdm wrote:New dll should have the firm instead of firm254. The firmware version can be detected automatically.
I know I was just going by the directions for the 2500. My firmware is 3.46 I wont get a chance today to try this out again. I have to go to town tomorrow so will be retrying then as before I have to go mobile to program have access to the caco and will keep you guys informed of my progress. Thank you guys.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

GBC wrote:I know I was just going by the directions for the 2500. My firmware is 3.46 I wont get a chance today to try this out again. I have to go to town tomorrow so will be retrying then as before I have to go mobile to program have access to the caco and will keep you guys informed of my progress. Thank you guys.
like i said, after you load the plat then you use the top tabs to connect the box feature then simply type firm in the field and you'll get a pop up box with the block feature as well as the remote change uid feature. very simple once you see it you'll know right away
live your life like a beer commericial
GBC

Post by GBC »

justsomeguy wrote:like i said, after you load the plat then you use the top tabs to connect the box feature then simply type firm in the field and you'll get a pop up box with the block feature as well as the remote change uid feature. very simple once you see it you'll know right away
Thank you justsomeguy, that was the step I was missing and figured that out from reading a few other threads. Again thanks guys for the insight and shedding a little light on this. Now tomorrow I will let you all know how it goes.