Picked up DCT700...

JTAG on dct2500/dct700
Qertse

Picked up DCT700...

Post by Qertse »

Newbie just starting out on this hobby, but i recently picked up a dct700 and noticed something out of place. http://i48.tinypic.com/ing0b4.jpg

:confused: Seems as though that wire was added, i don't know the wiring for this mobo. hoping someone could shed some light on the subject for me as to what exactly the bridge does? thanks in advance.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Qertse wrote:Newbie just starting out on this hobby, but i recently picked up a dct700 and noticed something out of place. http://i48.tinypic.com/ing0b4.jpg

:confused: Seems as though that wire was added, i don't know the wiring for this mobo. hoping someone could shed some light on the subject for me as to what exactly the bridge does? thanks in advance.
Thats a Repair. If you remove that wire the Box will not Work. SO don't pay no mind to it.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Qertse

Post by Qertse »

CAPONE wrote:Thats a Repair. If you remove that wire the Box will not Work. SO don't pay no mind to it.
Much obliged, after I saw that I figured for sure it had been tampered with. :rolleyes:
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Qertse wrote:Much obliged, after I saw that I figured for sure it had been tampered with. :rolleyes:
NO NO Tamper. Its a Factory Repair.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

I actually got a box today that has that wire as well, problem with this box is the guide refuses to work alltogether. So I ordered a replacement. :D
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

WE ARE ANONYMOUS, EXPECT US.

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

MrRogers wrote:I actually got a box today that has that wire as well, problem with this box is the guide refuses to work alltogether. So I ordered a replacement. :D
LOL For a real tester that was n Easy Fix buddy.
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

CAPONE wrote:LOL For a real tester that was n Easy Fix buddy.
I tried everything bud, I will start from the top:

1. Activated box with CACO, called them to reload all the apps back to the box.
2. Backed up ALLFLASH, and then took an ALLFLASH from a working box and flashed that. Still no guide. This box is also a refurb, so that could have something to do with it I am assuming?

I will try here in a little bit to reflash a full backup of a working box again, I will admit I did not cmpram the allflash after writing, so it is most likely my error.

What do you recommend I try?
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

I redid it again and I got it to work, weird thing was I had to stay in the app modules page for it to load at all. Before that I waited for an hour and no change, once I went in to app modules and let everything reload from a working full backup it worked perfectly.
I JTAGGED your mom.

justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

MrRogers wrote:I redid it again and I got it to work, weird thing was I had to stay in the app modules page for it to load at all. Before that I waited for an hour and no change, once I went in to app modules and let everything reload from a working full backup it worked perfectly.
Any time I do a update I always put it on there just so I can physically watch it..its not a necessity, more of a personal preference...but it wouldn't matter if your on it our not..maybe your back up didn't fully loss the first time around and it effected it a bit..who knows..but nice to see ya got er going
live your life like a beer commericial
Qertse

Post by Qertse »

Mine has no guide as well, but looked at some of the info on the diagnostics screen, has a really old firmware version and plat, was at 2.36 i believe. Will find out more info once i get my activation code.
MrRogers wrote:I actually got a box today that has that wire as well, problem with this box is the guide refuses to work alltogether. So I ordered a replacement. :D
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

Qertse wrote:Mine has no guide as well, but looked at some of the info on the diagnostics screen, has a really old firmware version and plat, was at 2.36 i believe. Will find out more info once i get my activation code.
yes that's old...if you can get the box to update with firmware that old you should be fine...if the box wont update (some dont with super old firmware) then just load up a backup of current (or newer) firmware and you should be good to go..
live your life like a beer commericial
Qertse

Post by Qertse »

Have requested it in the proper section :D as the box is not from my area. Haven't hooked it to line yet either because i don't know it's previous usage.
justsomeguy wrote:yes that's old...if you can get the box to update with firmware that old you should be fine...if the box wont update (some dont with super old firmware) then just load up a backup of current (or newer) firmware and you should be good to go..
Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.