DCT700 in trap on

JTAG on dct2500/dct700
moddog

DCT700 in trap on

Post by moddog »

My dct700 is not turning on, but the box feel worm, i can't detect the flash and it when in to trap on, it always say trap on. If any one can explane or ever face that problem that am having please explane or share how you fix that problem?
Good better best
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

moddog wrote:My dct700 is not turning on, but the box feel worm, i can't detect the flash and it when in to trap on, it always say trap on. If any one can explane or ever face that problem that am having please explane or share how you fix that problem?
Whether or not the box turns on It will always get warm because it is recieving Power. What would be out of the ordinary is if the CPU gets Extreamly HOT. It should get warm but not Extreamly HOT. If it is then No way for you to fix that.

Can you give more info on the history of this box? Like, Was it working before? Did you get it Bricked or did it Brick while you was trying to modify?
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

also, is there anything showing on the display when ya turn it on? i'm sure you know all the usual problems and solutions with your experience but sometimes easy things are missed to troubleshoot a problem when your focusing on another problem :idea:
live your life like a beer commericial
moddog

Post by moddog »

CAPONE wrote:Whether or not the box turns on It will always get warm because it is recieving Power. What would be out of the ordinary is if the CPU gets Extreamly HOT. It should get warm but not Extreamly HOT. If it is then No way for you to fix that.

Can you give more info on the history of this box? Like, Was it working before? Did you get it Bricked or did it Brick while you was trying to modify?
The box was working ok and till we have a power outage and from it came back the box wont turn on. It get warm not Extremely. @ justsomeguy no display at all. When i try to detect the flash it go in to trap on.
Good better best
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

moddog wrote:The box was working ok and till we have a power outage and from it came back the box wont turn on. It get warm not Extremely. @ justsomeguy no display at all. When i try to detect the flash it go in to trap on.
The CPU gets warm or the Box? I don't care if box gets Warm, It sthe CPU Over heating what I am asking about. Box geting warm is Some what Normal but if the CPU hets extreamly hot, Thats a Problem. It could be that the power surge killed the box and if so Nothing you can do about that. If you get the LEDs to light up when you plug box then theres a good chanse you can fix it.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
moddog

Post by moddog »

CAPONE wrote:The CPU gets warm or the Box? I don't care if box gets Warm, It sthe CPU Over heating what I am asking about. Box geting warm is Some what Normal but if the CPU hets extreamly hot, Thats a Problem. It could be that the power surge killed the box and if so Nothing you can do about that. If you get the LEDs to light up when you plug box then theres a good chanse you can fix it.
Yeh, its over for this one the cpu get very hot,damn.
Good better best
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

moddog wrote:Yeh, its over for this one the cpu get very hot,damn.
OK Thats what I thought. Because the box is normal to get hot. But CPU should not get EXTREAMLY HOT. When it does it usually means its fried as people say.