PPV Info on DCT700 & No OnDemand - General Questions

JTAG on dct2500/dct700
JDCableGuy

PPV Info on DCT700 & No OnDemand - General Questions

Post by JDCableGuy »

If my PPV info has all 0's on it as far as ordered, available, etc. Is it still possible to get OnDemand?

My old backup has numbers in those fields, but I can't seem to use this old backup and then update just the old PLAT0346 to the new PLAT0357. Is there a way to do this so I keep the numbers in the PPV info fields. Does keeping the numbers there even matter?

On firmware 0346 I used to get OnDemand and be able to order but now with the updated firmware 0357 all of that is gone... Am I stuck now? Is there a work around?

Any help greatly appreciated.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

JDCableGuy wrote:If my PPV info has all 0's on it as far as ordered, available, etc. Is it still possible to get OnDemand?

My old backup has numbers in those fields, but I can't seem to use this old backup and then update just the old PLAT0346 to the new PLAT0357. Is there a way to do this so I keep the numbers in the PPV info fields. Does keeping the numbers there even matter?

On firmware 0346 I used to get OnDemand and be able to order but now with the updated firmware 0357 all of that is gone... Am I stuck now? Is there a work around?

YES, Ondemand and PPV are TWO separate things and work independently from each other.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

JDCableGuy wrote:If my PPV info has all 0's on it as far as ordered, available, etc. Is it still possible to get OnDemand?

use a valid working UID (and you might also need the matching valid UPM.) of a sub'd box that is in your area and you will get the ondemand. now be wary that if you use someone's UID and start ordering movies and stuff like that through the VOD they WILL GET CHARGED for them~ i don't like using other people's info because of this reason. that is stealing and that person should not be getting charged because of someone else~ especially seeing as how damn expensive cable already is :eek:

i know my buddy capone is going to say something about not needing a sub'd UID.. ;) but for the average tester this is the only way to get it going. don't bother pm'ing asking how as those questions will not be answered
live your life like a beer commericial
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

justsomeguy wrote:use a valid working UID (and you might also need the matching valid UPM.) of a sub'd box that is in your area and you will get the ondemand. now be wary that if you use someone's UID and start ordering movies and stuff like that through the VOD they WILL GET CHARGED for them~ i don't like using other people's info because of this reason. that is stealing and that person should not be getting charged because of someone else~ especially seeing as how damn expensive cable already is :eek:

i know my buddy capone is going to say something about not needing a sub'd UID.. ;) but for the average tester this is the only way to get it going. don't bother pm'ing asking how as those questions will not be answered
LMFAO, I like the way you Put that when what your really saying is, For FREELOADERS and NON TESTERS. LOL
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."