people having problems with dropping channels

JTAG on dct2500/dct700
bkpell

DCT700 channel dropping

Post by bkpell »

I am having the same issue here in Nashville area. We lost all channels but the local ones and I just got another working box that I pay for and tried to use it on a second box that I have here but it did not work. What I did notice is that the app4 & nvram all have "f" through out the lines. When I lost all the channels it still would show the channel guide which was not affected.

I was reading and was thinking it was the channel code that was changed but when I got a good working box and tried it I still have the same problem. I am stumped and have been reading here to see if there was something that I was missing. If there is anyone that could give me a path to take that would be helpful. You can PM me and I will respond and also grateful for any advice. I am not a top notch at this programming thing but I am learning as I go. Guess I should take some programming classes in the future..
bkpell

Extra info to last post

Post by bkpell »

I was using the .41 version of software but have updated to the .69 version figuring that might help out with this problem but it did not..
moddog

Post by moddog »

bkpell wrote:I am having the same issue here in Nashville area. We lost all channels but the local ones and I just got another working box that I pay for and tried to use it on a second box that I have here but it did not work. What I did notice is that the app4 & nvram all have "f" through out the lines. When I lost all the channels it still would show the channel guide which was not affected.

I was reading and was thinking it was the channel code that was changed but when I got a good working box and tried it I still have the same problem. I am stumped and have been reading here to see if there was something that I was missing. If there is anyone that could give me a path to take that would be helpful. You can PM me and I will respond and also grateful for any advice. I am not a top notch at this programming thing but I am learning as I go. Guess I should take some programming classes in the future..
There is nothing you can do at this time friend, all i can say, well come to the party but you will need those set of privet keys from that subd box and inject them in to the test box, but here come the fun part if you have a tool that can do the job plz let us no.
Good better best
DeanOfTears

Post by DeanOfTears »

bkpell wrote:I am having the same issue here in Nashville area. We lost all channels but the local ones and I just got another working box that I pay for and tried to use it on a second box that I have here but it did not work. What I did notice is that the app4 & nvram all have "f" through out the lines. When I lost all the channels it still would show the channel guide which was not affected.

What exactly are you seeing on screen? Not authorized?
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Here's the fast track - go into the Archives and research the Hell outta this one. Here's a capsule summary - this issue was born in Chicago around Transgiving of 2012 and has taken root across the entire USA . You're left with free, clear, unencrypted channels and have no Errors. What these JackAsses at Comcast do (they conceived this issue) is that they update something called DES Video Encryption KEYS that control your Account that allow you to watch what you've subscribed to. Even if you buy a Box that has fallen off the back of ma Comcast Van for apprx. $300, it's still only gonna get roughly 6 months of use if you're lucky. That's what happens in Phila - neighboring states are only getting 2-3 months before the Keys are Updated. Conclusion : go and subscribe to a package with Xfinity and use the 30 day Money Back Guarantee. Within that 30 day window, you should be able to figure a creative way (or two) to return the Account Box and keep what's inside of it. Yea, sure !
stomperz

Post by stomperz »

Killswitch wrote: Conclusion : go and subscribe to a package with Xfinity and use the 30 day Money Back Guarantee. Within that 30 day window, you should be able to figure a creative way (or two) to return the Account Box and keep what's inside of it. Yea, sure !
Sssh :rolleyes:
Sorry for my poor English, it is my primary language.:rolleyes:
bkpell

Post by bkpell »

Yes I get the "Not Authorized" on the screen but get the channel guide. I do get the local channels and they come through with no problem. I used a box that I pay for and used the coding on it to sub to another box and that is what I get.
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

stomperz wrote:Sssh :rolleyes:
Please let me know what context that Ssssh is in haha, I am interested in finding this out :)
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

WE ARE ANONYMOUS, EXPECT US.

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.