Having a hard time changing the UID

JTAG on dct2500/dct700
keja

Having a hard time changing the UID

Post by keja »

Hey Guys, I ran across a few 700's, I thought I got lucky but maybe I didn't. On most of the units everything works fine except the In Band Status the SNR is poor and I get no picture. The other problem which is why I started this thread is when I go to change the UID I'm having a hard time changing the numbers with my remote, at first I thought it was my batteries so I changed them and I'm still having the same problem. I have to hit the numbers over and over again for it to change and sometimes it just doesn't change. Has anyone ever run across this problem?
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

keja wrote:Hey Guys, I ran across a few 700's, I thought I got lucky but maybe I didn't. On most of the units everything works fine except the In Band Status the SNR is poor and I get no picture. The other problem which is why I started this thread is when I go to change the UID I'm having a hard time changing the numbers with my remote, at first I thought it was my batteries so I changed them and I'm still having the same problem. I have to hit the numbers over and over again for it to change and sometimes it just doesn't change. Has anyone ever run across this problem?
it's probably your whole remote that is shot...try another remote and see what happens. if the snr is poor on most of your boxs check other things like your lines..do you have alot of connectors and breaks in your line? is it a super long run? etc. etc. wern't you having signal issues in the past as well with some other boxs?
live your life like a beer commericial
keja

Post by keja »

justsomeguy wrote:it's probably your whole remote that is shot...try another remote and see what happens. if the snr is poor on most of your boxs check other things like your lines..do you have alot of connectors and breaks in your line? is it a super long run? etc. etc. wern't you having signal issues in the past as well with some other boxs?
Thx for reply JSG, I tried another remote from my other room b4 I changed the batteries. As far as the SNR issue yes it was me who had that problem, there are no connector problems in my case, that has been confirmed. I was told that I should change the tuner, I looked into that and changing the tuner in a 700 seems to be a lil difficult, with bottom of the tuner sealed to the board.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

keja wrote:Thx for reply JSG, I tried another remote from my other room b4 I changed the batteries. As far as the SNR issue yes it was me who had that problem, there are no connector problems in my case, that has been confirmed. I was told that I should change the tuner, I looked into that and changing the tuner in a 700 seems to be a lil difficult, with bottom of the tuner sealed to the board.
After changed the UID you need to press OK to let it reboot.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

keja wrote:Thx for reply JSG, I tried another remote from my other room b4 I changed the batteries. As far as the SNR issue yes it was me who had that problem, there are no connector problems in my case, that has been confirmed. I was told that I should change the tuner, I looked into that and changing the tuner in a 700 seems to be a lil difficult, with bottom of the tuner sealed to the board.
the likely hood that you have this many boxs with all the tuners shot in all of them is VERY SLIM to NONE chances...
keja

Post by keja »

justsomeguy wrote:the likely hood that you have this many boxs with all the tuners shot in all of them is VERY SLIM to NONE chances...
ok i'll take your advise on the matter. I'll try them somewhere else and see what I come up with.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

keja wrote:ok i'll take your advise on the matter. I'll try them somewhere else and see what I come up with.
good idea...see how they act in another house...and you had a sub as well didn't you? went' you also getting kinda a shitty connection with that one as well? sorry my brain sometimes forgets..lol